Bike for my son? 65 or 80

Hey guys just a quick question. I got my son into riding this year so he's brand new, I got him a 92 rm 80 and he don't drive it hard at all but I have a guy that wants to trade a 2001 ktm sx 65 for it, will my son like it? He's 13 115 lbs he's tippy toe on the 80 now but thinking for the summer would it be a worth while investment to resell it next yeR and buy another 80? Don't know what to do here lol any Insite would greatly b appreciated 

thx 

greg 

Don't make the trade, he's going to grow into it.

He is pretty big for a 65 I would probably keep the 80 if it was me. The 65 is shorter but it is piper and is probably harder to ride actually. Between that 65 and 80 there is probably not a whole lot of power difference either really, 65's are a lot meaner than you think they should be.

From what I have seen most 65's are just pissed off mean little suckers!lol They have way more power than you ever thought they should have. At the motocross my boy was racing this weekend there was 2 65's ramping the triple that a lot of adults weren't jumping.lol

I would keep the 80. He will only get bigger and he will become more comfortable with a bike he knows and learn to use the power more and more.

Thanks guys I think I'll keep the 80. If I wanted to is it possible to get that 80 a big bore say like 100-105cc ? It's a 1992 

Definitely don't go smaller...  My 11yr old daughters trail bike is a kx85 with a kx100 jug..  when she gets taller we'll just slap on kx100 swingarm and wheels.