Kx 125 mods

Okay so i have a 1997 kx 125. I just put new reeds in as of last night, but i was wondering if there is any other mods i could do to it to get more power or better handling on a budget as im only 15 and i only work on the weekends. Any suggestions are much appeciated

2 hours ago, big_frita said:

Okay so i have a 1997 kx 125. I just put new reeds in as of last night, but i was wondering if there is any other mods i could do to it to get more power or better handling on a budget as im only 15 and i only work on the weekends. Any suggestions are much appeciated

Best mod you can do is add a tooth or two to rear sprocket.  If I remember rite, was a long time ago, but I ran 12-50-51 I believe 12-49-48is stock or somewhere in there. Check and see what you got. Gear it down a bit and use that tranny :thumbsup: those are good bikes back then I rode the wheels off them when I was a kid. Keep that engine singing and they fly.use that clutch. 

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 3

Get the suspension done.  You can change the fluid which could be a huge difference if they weren't serviced recently.  It only costs about $25 for oil and a youtube video on how to do it.  For the shock you can get away with compressed air for now, 120psi or whatever your compressor maxes out at, stock is 154psi IIRC.  I use a $20 MTB pump.

You need the suspension dialed to learn how to carry speed.  That's what makes 125's fast, not bolt-on stuff.  

• Like 2

Best mod you can do is add a tooth or two to rear sprocket.  If I remember rite, was a long time ago, but I ran 12-50-51 I believe 12-49-48is stock or somewhere in there. Check and see what you got. Gear it down a bit and use that tranny  those are good bikes back then I rode the wheels off them when I was a kid. Keep that engine singing and they fly.use that clutch. 

12 and 49 is stock
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kx125/01 said:

12 and 49 is stock

Try a 50 maybe you'll like it

16 minutes ago, Kx125/01 said:

12 and 49 is stock

Try a 50 maybe you'll like it

• Like 1