What should be my next bike?

Hi! So I want to upgrade my bike in the near future. I have a 04 kdx200. I do mostly off road, trail type riding.. don't do any racing. I'm pretty set on a 2 stroke, I'm thinking a 250 or 300. What are yalls suggestions? I'm 5'8" and about 175 lbs.

I have been looking for about the same thing and from what I have seen out there now a KTM XC-W is about the closest to your Kawasaki. The KTM XC-W's seem to be the easiest riding 2 stroke trail bikes out there. Some of the Beta's look good to but they are more expensive and I'm kinda Leary or any bike that is not sold locally to me or atleast popular around here. If something breaks I like to be able to go to the shop and get it if I need it. The KTM XC and Yamaha yz250x seem like good bikes to but they are more race orientated and from what I have seen like a little faster pace than a leaserly trail ride. From what I have read the KTM 250xc-w is a little more pipe'y and the 300 is a lot more torquey tractory kind of 4 stroke power. But the perfect 2 stroke trail bike seems to be a lot harder to find these days than it use to be. I would almost bet a KTM 250xc-w with a fly wheel weight and geared right would be a great trail bike or atleast that's what I'm thinking right now.

• Like 1