2017 Honda CRF250l

Have anyone purchased a new bike with cash? If so was the price negotiable? The listed price in Alabama in $5149. Was just wondering what they would take cash money. Thanks for your time. 

Cash is good but the dealer really doesn't care. A private party is different because they don't have to report it like a dealer does.

Getting your best deal is a whole different matter. If you know someone especially the manager that helps. I used to work at the dealer I bought mine and dealt with the manager, my old boss who I've kept in good terms with, and I got my 14 new in 14 for $4000 and no extra fees.

The 2014 CRF250L was a decent seller then so that was a great deal. I went in to talk about the 2017's, both standard and rally, and they decided not to floor them. Preorder only. Harder to get a great deal if you have to have them order it.

• Like 1

I can tell you from experience 99% of the time the dealer gets a kick back if you finance.  What I have done in the past if I want to pay cash is finance through the dealer, get a few hundred off, then pay it off on the first payment.  Also, I use a small credit union so usually the dealer won't have any connection to them.  I just bought a 2017 crf250L and my credit rate is 2.75%.  The dealers best rate at the dealer was something like 9.9%.  So I financed through them, got a great deal on the bike itself, then went down to my credit union when the title came in and refinanced through my credit union with the 2.75%.  I do this almost every time I buy something, the interest rate on my truck is 1.9% for 6 years.  I used to buy new ATV's once a year and a new car every 2 years.  

• Like 1

On 5/16/2017 at 1:10 PM, Chase LeCroy said:

... was the price negotiable?

The price is always negotiable, the issue is when you want to purchase a new bike. You can't get much of a deal at the beginning to middle of the riding season when the demand is high and the dealer has lots of customers walking through. If you are patient though and wait to buy until the off season you can talk the dealer down a good bit. At least that holds true for my area of the world where riding season is only 5 months out of the year.

Cash means nothing to the dealer unless they have used stock that is not in inventory ...

• Like 1

Was just wondering what they would take cash money. 
Walk into the dealer with $100 bills for the total you're willing to pay and lay them out on a salesperson's desk and make an offer. If YOU are happy with the price then YOU got a good deal.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, chucked said:

I can tell you from experience 99% of the time the dealer gets a kick back if you finance.  What I have done in the past if I want to pay cash is finance through the dealer, get a few hundred off, then pay it off on the first payment.  Also, I use a small credit union so usually the dealer won't have any connection to them.  I just bought a 2017 crf250L and my credit rate is 2.75%.  The dealers best rate at the dealer was something like 9.9%.  So I financed through them, got a great deal on the bike itself, then went down to my credit union when the title came in and refinanced through my credit union with the 2.75%.  I do this almost every time I buy something, the interest rate on my truck is 1.9% for 6 years.  I used to buy new ATV's once a year and a new car every 2 years.  

this is typically sound advice for this kind of thing. as stated, they'll usually try to make a better deal if they think they're going to make it back up on interest for the financing. the trick is to NOT ever tell them you're just going to pay it off immediately.

make sure there are no early payoff fees or anything on the loan. get the loan, they'll think they're screwing  you over on the interest, pay it before it has time to accrue any interest. bam.

• Like 1

Oh yea, don't tell them you are going to pay it off.  Probably even best to wait till the title comes in till you pay it off or refinance it.

• Like 1