'00 CR125 no spark

Picked up a clean '00 CR125 with no spark.  I have a Honda manual and followed the troubleshooting guide.  Found the Stator to be dead. Ordered a new stator from Rick's Motorsport Electrics and hooked it up and still no spark.

The previous owner installed a generic coil, other then that and the aftermarket stator, the bike is stock.

Readings after the new stator install.

Primary Coil(0.1-0.3Ω)  0.07Ω Seems high could this be the issue?

Primary Secondary (9k-16kΩ) 10.0kΩ

Ignition Coil peak voltage (100vMin.)  0v  Not good.

Ignition Pulse Generator peak voltage (0.7Vmin.)   7V

Stator peak voltage (100vMin.)  38v      Yes I have a "DVA" to measure peak voltage.

Wondering why the "new" stator is putting out low voltage?  Rick's instructions talks about switching the two output wires from the stator, if you get no spark.   I'll go home tonight and do this.  Since im out and can pick up a coil today, does the higher resistance on the primary side warrant a new coil?

Thanks for any help.

Called up Ricks and they're taking the stator back to exchange.  Now were tearing into the engine to give it a bore and fresh piston.

43 minutes ago, carlcrist said:

Called up Ricks and they're taking the stator back to exchange.  Now were tearing into the engine to give it a bore and fresh piston.

So with a new stator it should work well? I've been looking over the Eric Gorr website and his service for $450 is pretty reasonable considering it's a new replating, porting, big bore, and new oversize piston and rings. 134cc's but done well.