2017 150, 250 and 300 OWNERS HELP!

Hey guys,

Is this normal? See pic. The throttle cable is on a funny angle coming out of the throttle assembly. It looks weird to me as it's bent so sharply as soon as it comes out of the housing...

I don't think the cable is bent... I'm not sure what's causing it? Does everyone's else's look like this?

IMG_6373.thumb.JPG.4a5c94e30e044d2339615e0643492e0b.JPG

What happened to the rubber sleeve that goes over the cable and adjuster. It keeps what happened from happening. 

Thanks guys, I just looked at it from the front and noticed the cable housing is cracked?! If you look close you can see the split in the housing right where it enters the adjuster. I have 3.9 hours on it. Hmmm...

The cover is there, just pulled out of the photo.

Can I just electrical tape this, or do you think the dealership will give me a new one? I haven't crashed or anything?

IMG_6375.JPG

Hope you have luck with the dealer that puppy retails for $68. I ran mine in front of the bars using the OEM cable. I've since changed to a domino throttle and a motion pro cable for a 2004 cr250 Honda. Don't know of any after market cables for the OEM throttle.

Hope you have luck with the dealer that puppy retails for $68. I ran mine in front of the bars using the OEM cable. I've since changed to a domino throttle and a motion pro cable for a 2004 cr250 Honda. Don't know of any after market cables for the OEM throttle.

I'm going to see wha they can do for me. These damn things only come with a 30 day warranty (which is pure utter madness). He's away today, but is back tomorrow. Hopefully the sales manager can help me out.

59 minutes ago, Husa your Daddy? said:

The guy who assembled it from the crate routed the cable wrong? That threaded adjuster is out extremely far too.

Could of easily loosened up and backed out while riding.

The guys who set my bike up had all the controls to tight. The hydraulic clutch tube coming off the handle doesnt allow you to turn the clutch handle down more than at slight angle without smashing against handle bar.

Will post pic in little bit to show you guys what i mean.

So you guys don't think a little electrical tape so nothing can get inside is a good fix. I should replace the whole thing?

1 hour ago, quikcolin said:

So you guys don't think a little electrical tape so nothing can get inside is a good fix. I should replace the whole thing?

I would replace it whether or not the dealer will warranty it. You do not want that throttle sticking open at a most inopportune time!  

• Like 2