2018 Suzuki RMZ 450 arrival date?

Probably around November it's going to be awhile the specs aren't even released yet

Probably around November it's going to be awhile the specs aren't even released yet

That's one thing I wish Suzuki was quicker about. Honda will probably have there 18s here two months ahead of Suzuki. I live in Iowa and if I buy one in November I have to look at it all winter long or drive 5 hours south.
  • Like 2

That's one thing I wish Suzuki was quicker about. Honda will probably have there 18s here two months ahead of Suzuki. I live in Iowa and if I buy one in November I have to look at it all winter long or drive 5 hours south.

Same here tn won't have them for awhile either Suzuki is always a little late on things like that

52 minutes ago, Andyb756 said:

I am in the same boat but I would trade you situations, yours seems better than the 10+ I drive to ride in the winter :ride:

I am in the same boat but I would trade you situations, yours seems better than the 10+ I drive to ride in the winter :ride:

Ah yeah mines not too bad then

For whatever reason we are normally first to receive them down here in NZ/Australia. I will ask my mate who owns the local dealership and see what he says.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2017 at 0:47 PM, Rotaholic said:

For whatever reason we are normally first to receive them down here in NZ/Australia. I will ask my mate who owns the local dealership and see what he says.

Any word?

He said he hadn't heard anything, I have to take his word for it I guess, as soon as he hears something I will let everyone know.

• Like 1

I was hearing on the Racer X post race podcast from Hangtown that JT will be going to Japan for the intro which will be during the Colorado round of the nationals next week.  Not long after that, we can drool over brochures for the next several months :)

• Like 2

Not fast enough. I'm sick of seeing too much red-blue-orange stuff

not that it's release will mean il see more, just more entertainment for me. 

Now when's that rm250 2t coming back??:ride:

Edited by RawbW
More stuff
  • Like 1

I wish the RM would come back. I am planning on selling the Yz 250 and buying a sx250 smoker if they have DI in 2019' which I am hearing that they will, to race in the 250 class. All depends on how the DI system holds up for the average consumer on the xc/ exc models. This years bike purchase will be an 18' RMZ:ride:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JGlaze said:

I'd love to see the return of the RM 250 as well.  I absolutely love my 05

You could be the first to retrofit the 18 plastics on to the RM, someone's gonna do it :ride:

I did the current 08-17 front number plate/fender, and trimmed up the side panels.  Hopefully it's just as easy to do the same with the 18 

• Like 1

Any chance of 18 plastics being able(without Hackery ) fitting on an 06 450?

5 hours ago, RawbW said:

Any chance of 18 plastics being able(without Hackery ) fitting on an 06 450?

No one knows what they will fit. No one has a bike in their hands yet. The factory/ factory support teams may or may not have the details so they can begin building and stocking up on parts but they will be testing the bikes soon enough. Probably within the next few months. 

I would have to say that it will require fairly extensive fab work to fit the 18 plastics on anything older than an 08 (and as mentioned above, we don't even know that they will fit on a 08+ without extensive fab work yet, but it looks like quite the process by just comparing the two, ie. different tank, frame, subframe, and airbox). There are a few guys that fabricated mounts and subframes to fit the 08-17 plastics on 05-07 bikes and it is not a job that I would undertake personally. 

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1

@BDubb106

man I can't even get away with a little newer ones lol. Oh well 05-07 was still a good looking bike. Maybe I need to stop being a cheap skate and pony up for a 2018. As always thanks for you responses, they should make you the Suzuki forum moderator:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, RawbW said:

@BDubb106

man I can't even get away with a little newer ones lol. Oh well 05-07 was still a good looking bike. Maybe I need to stop being a cheap skate and pony up for a 2018. As always thanks for you responses, they should make you the Suzuki forum moderator:thumbsup:

You're very welcome... there are a few in here that don't share that opinion. And yes... the 05-07 was great bike, but the newer models are even better! You should consider it. Suzuki offers great promotional deals and you can usually find great deals on them if you look hard enough. 

• Like 1

@BDubb106

that's fine, some people won't like you no matter who you are, or how much you help them. They seem to be cheaper than the rest, and I guess they're love hate bikes because I really don't see too many of them out here. When I heard they were sharp turners they had my ear, if Suzuki released the rmx 250, I'd be on cloud nine. Even if it was based on the 07 or whatever. One can dream right? I'm not a huge 4 stroke guy, but the rmzs engine is quite likeable. If they mated it to wide ratio 5 or 6 speed, they'd be stomping on perfect bike grounds

• Like 2