Dot sticker required to race mx?(NY)

Do I need a dot sticker on my helmet? My helmet is dot ece whatever rated but I took the DOT sticker/label off like and idiot and I was wondering​ can I race with it? Thanks.

I don't know. But I bet it depends on the tech inspector at your race. Good tech inspectors look at your gear, and make sure that the helmet matches what the sanctioning body wants. Usually at least DOT, often Snell.

I don't know. But I bet it depends on the tech inspector at your race. Good tech inspectors look at your gear, and make sure that the helmet matches what the sanctioning body wants. Usually at least DOT, often Snell.

The helmet had a DOT sticker on it that I took off, also on the inside there's a tag that says it's Snell rated......

After at least 50 events in either MX, harescrambles, enduros or dual sports, I have never had a tech inspector look at my helmet. Headlight, tail light, exhaust, insurance, regi, kick stand, yes.  Helmet, never.

After at least 50 events in either MX, harescrambles, enduros or dual sports, I have never had a tech inspector look at my helmet. Headlight, tail light, exhaust, insurance, regi, kick stand, yes.  Helmet, never.

Ok thanks for the reassurance, what do they check in Motocross?

Nothing.  I don't think I've ever had a tech inspection for moto