Another boot topic - waterproof, protective, $250-500, aggressive dual sporting.

Ok, first things first I haven't posted in a while and yes I have searched. Just need some more opinions.

Riding a KTM 450 EXC. Mostly used AlpineStars Tech 3-8 boots. Decent but needing waterproof boots and something way more protective than the average "adventure" boot that offers little protection. I'm not doing Xtreme Enduros but relatively aggressive at times.

Any opinions on AlpineStars Toucan, Sidi Adventure, Forma Terra, AlpineStar Corozal, TCX, etc.

Thanks.

I have the Toucan boots - my first pair of "real" boots (newbie) and have to say I've been very happy with them.  I've not worn other off-road boots, but these I find I can actually walk in.  I have not tested their waterproof qualities as it doesn't seem to rain when I wear them...(wet-coast BC) - but that may just be me.

I've had a number of low speed get-offs with them on and we're all still good, boots and me.

Not having anything else to compare them with except my old BMW boots from the late '70s, I would recommend trying a pair on.

I tried on a number of different boots available at the dealer before settling on the Toucans - they just "fit" my feet way better.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Some reviews from the TT Reviews Section:

Toucan

Corozal

Bryan,

Thanks, I have read both of those. I guess I was looking for a bit more feedback from riders that have similar boots but have put them to the test moderate to heavier conditions. 

Also more opinions on the Forma Terra which I am somewhat favoring. RevZilla did a great review on them. Just wanted some real world feedback. 

18 minutes ago, DaveSw said:

I have the Toucan boots - my first pair of "real" boots (newbie) and have to say I've been very happy with them.  I've not worn other off-road boots, but these I find I can actually walk in.  I have not tested their waterproof qualities as it doesn't seem to rain when I wear them...(wet-coast BC) - but that may just be me.

I've had a number of low speed get-offs with them on and we're all still good, boots and me.

Not having anything else to compare them with except my old BMW boots from the late '70s, I would recommend trying a pair on.

I tried on a number of different boots available at the dealer before settling on the Toucans - they just "fit" my feet way better.

Thanks for the reply. That $499 pricetag seems somewhat steep for me for some reason. I am not sure they would be any different from some of the $300 boots. But I am not sure. But thanks for the feedback.