Haters gonna hate, but KTM loves Dungey!

In Dungey's retirement press conference, it is revealed that Ryan will be working for KTM in some capacity. Dungey is not leaving the sport. Pretty cool!

Also it's not said explicitly, but I get the feeling that if Dungey wanted to eventually replace Decoster, KTM would work with him to achieve such a plan. They think really highly of him, without hesitation. More coolness!

Hate on Dung all you want, but Decoster and KTM ain't feel'n that vibe at all.

• Like 5

I can't imagine a guy who's raced dirtbikes all his life, very successfully, just leaving the sport. Just like McGrath, RC, Mike Larocco, he'll be involved in some capacity.

• Like 2

Sounds more like he's going the same route as Shorty right now. Kind of an open ticket till they can really figure out a plan

28 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

Sounds more like he's going the same route as Shorty right now. Kind of an open ticket till they can really figure out a plan

I agree, not much of a plan, only hints of what might happen. Time will tell just how much Dungey stays in the industry. It's a life of travel, and that's not for everybody. The travel part seems to be one of the things he wants to change in his life. Maybe the look to the future of doing something with KTM is a mere gesture of "door is open buddy!"

Villopoto has done some "work" for Kawasaki, but it's not been much. Brand Ambassador is what they called him at one point. But Kawasaki is not much of a dirt bike company these days either. Mules and Terxy's are their big movers. But then there's no reason Ambassador Villopoto can't help sell side by sides.

Edited by Hendricus

It seemed obvious, Riger would like Ryan to finish out the year and race MX, but he was understanding.   I would have liked to hear how Roger walked away from racing. How he decided to make the move.  Just for comparison and his understanding.  

Dungey has been the perfect apprentice for Roger, listening and soaking up the wisdom.  I don't see that they would change that relationship.

• Like 1

Most people know I'm not the biggest dungey fan. However KTM wouldn't be any where near where they are now without dungey. It'd only make sense the give him a brand ambassador spot, or maybe even helping to run the team after he has had a bit of a break from it, kinda like what RV is doing

In spite of what of what a few idiotic trolls on the Pro forum say, no one can deny that Ryan is an extremely talented athlete and more importantly, a very smart business man.

Leaving the sport on a high note and in good health with an excellent reputation and a bright future is the smartest thing he could have done. Sure, he could have raced all out against Tomac in MX but what if he gets hurt and then has to deal with the fallout from that?

Take it from me  - all the stupid shit you did when you were young with bite you in the ass when you are older - bad knees, shoulders, back - it really puts things into perspective when your health becomes the most important thing in your life.

• Like 4

I don't agree roczen did good on Ktm, gp trams did good , he helped but dungey wasn't the main reason ktm have done well , he was a part of the setup , no more no less

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mog said:

I don't agree roczen did good on Ktm, gp trams did good , he helped but dungey wasn't the main reason ktm have done well , he was a part of the setup , no more no less

Roczen didn't like the KTM and was verbal about it. KTM rebuilt the bike to suit Dungey, they were invested in him for more reasons than just his riding abilities. Kenny talks about bringing professionalism to the sport but Dungey has been about that for a long time and the Austrians like that too. He will need to take some speaking and PR training though

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:

Nobody cares about what dung boy does now. He is now irrelevant. Next please!

You're such a user! So long as they fly high and do exciting stuff. Doonies! That's it! Get back to watching Doonies!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mog said:

I agree. Tony Abalone Spumoni, Jeffrey Herlings, other 250 guys, and the hard enduro guys too, have all contributed to build the KTM brand. 

I care!

Let me get you a tissue
You're such a user! So long as they fly high and do exciting stuff. Doonies! That's it! Get back to watching Doonies!

Dude I love doonies.. whata You favorite part?
  • Like 1

Sorry but this idea the bike was built around dungey is rubbish, he was one of the big riders among many, usa likes to think it's all about them but it honestly isn't

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mog said:

Sorry but this idea the bike was built around dungey is rubbish, he was one of the big riders among many, usa likes to think it's all about them but it honestly isn't

Correct and incorrect Mog. The bike might not be special, but the US is - or at least was, a couple of times in history. Did we not help you put an end to a couple of mass slaughters? You must now for ever be in awe of the US, okay?    

• Like 1