ktm 200's for 2017 ?????

Haha these threads crack me up. From both sides. Everyone knows everything.

Just like last year when everyone said "there won't be any efi on 2 stroke dirt bikes." Oops, there they are! Then, "well, they're not coming to the States." Oops, here they come.

We'll find out soon enough, one way or the other.

• Like 1

post-101677-14622851640175_thumb.jpgpost-101677-1462285154_thumb.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bron-Yr-Aur said:

Just like last year when everyone said "there won't be any efi on 2 stroke dirt bikes." Oops, there they are! Then, "well, they're not coming to the States." Oops, here they come.

Yeah fair enough. But the 200 is based off the cases and they say they cant do a new one on the new platform. Couple that with no euro4 compliance you have something literally made redundant and superceded in a year.

I kinda regret not buying a 16 when KTM sent me a letter that told me that nows the time because they are going.

See attached. 

They are not making the 200 as they say it would cost too much to meet Euro 6 regulations. MX is fine as the emissions laws don't apply to off road only machines. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot as the 200 is a very popular model - couldn't the injection been applied to all enduro models? Europe has gone mad, yes we need controls, but diesel trucks and buses - millions of them - are belching out noxious substances and averaging 4 miles to the gallon, lots of it in heavily populated areas. Compare that to the number of 200 exc's being used away from populated areas (generally) - the world - well Europe has gone mad. They say they are world leaders, but kind of strange claim when they have no followers. Bob, Europe.

Edited by 7Tktm
  • Like 2

post-101677-14622851640175_thumb.jpgpost-101677-1462285154_thumb.jpg
Yeah fair enough. But the 200 is based off the cases and they say they cant do a new one on the new platform. Couple that with no euro4 compliance you have something literally made redundant and superceded in a year.
I kinda regret not buying a 16 when KTM sent me a letter that told me that nows the time because they are going.
See attached. 

No doubt. Like I said, the humour is in both sides - the OP and all the subsequent posts, both for and against. All just a bunch of opinions, regardless of how educated they sound.
  • Like 1

Sorry, I just based my post on what KTM have said. Maybe they are just making an educated guess as well! LOL Bob.

That is a 2016 model. The new small bore engine isnt even capable of supporting a 200cc cylinder, so it's not even a thought for them to make another 200.

Edited by motonack
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bron-Yr-Aur said:

I don't know..I'm more into Beta info these days... I just saw this fresh sub come off youtube talking about a brand new bike for sale and probably not lasting long before being bought.... I thought 200's were done but I don't hang here to know the latest.  I just brought it up here just to find out.. and even if it is a "2016" . Im surprised there are still some left over in the middle of 2017 being freshly distributed . It is going to another country so questions can still be put up on availability. I mean I thought everyone bought all of these out long ago. My friend still likes his 15 200 and my Dad loved his 98' ktm 200.. great bike.. I liked the lower seat height of the older ktm 200's too..but great bikes.. too bad these are being phased out ..unless you get it from another country that just had it delivered for sale.

Is there a possibility that the 16' 200's could be still be made and sent to austrailia or nz or whatever other countries??? idk.. I just got the vid and wondered.. then put it up here..

The bike is set up full street legal too!!!

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

7 minutes ago, RollieW said:

There are still a few 2016's available up and down the east coast. Obviously not that sought after.

You wouldn't know it from posts put up.. and even locally.. but then the seat height went up from earlier years and there are other low height bikes available now.