2002 KX125 Need a cylinder/jug

Hi All,

I just bought a beautiful 2002 KX125 but it's missing the cylinder.  I can't find one anywhere!  The parts fiche shows no compatible parts other than 2002.  Anyone have ideas?  Can I get a 99-2002 cylinder and just make sure I get the piston for it too?  They seem to be different sizes.  Also, if anyone has a used one, please hit me up!  mark.andresen@gmail.com

I know 01 and 02 use the same piston but the part numbers are different for the jug.....that's very interesting

I'm interested in this topic too.  Picked up a low hours 2002 kx125 and the cylinder has an external crack.  Currently is jb welded but has light coolant seepage.  2002 cylinder is supposedly unavailable but 2001 cylinder is. Curious if 2001 will work?

What does the stroke say on your motor 54.5? I don't want to tell you to buy the 01 but it looks like you'll have too. Unless you can find another on eBay used.

Maybe not the best info, but some info never the less. 

It looks like the 1998-2002 cylinders can be swapped. I'm not certain if all of the power valve parts, etc will swap. So I am not 100% guaranteeing that it is a direct swap. Some modification maybe required.

If you find a cylinder, the correct casting code for the 2002 is 1939. If that is not stamped on the side, its not a 2002. 

Good luck and let us know if we can help. Thanks!!!

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 10:07 PM, Nathan_Zambon said:

I'm interested in this topic too.  Picked up a low hours 2002 kx125 and the cylinder has an external crack.  Currently is jb welded but has light coolant seepage.  2002 cylinder is supposedly unavailable but 2001 cylinder is. Curious if 2001 will work?

Hey, I wonder if this will work for you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-stroke-cylinder-repair-re-plate-KX-YZ-CR-RM-KTM-50-65-85-100-125-/261473552687?hash=item3ce109c92f:g:XToAAOxyc2pTaQCC&vxp=mtr

On 5/24/2017 at 6:06 AM, Kx125/01 said:

What does the stroke say on your motor 54.5? I don't want to tell you to buy the 01 but it looks like you'll have too. Unless you can find another on eBay used.

Sorry for the late reply, my notifications weren't turned on.  I'll check.  Stamped on the bottom end?  Really close to just selling the bike although I did find a 2000 cylinder available for $100.

It's on top of the case. I was just trying to compare your 2002 to my 01 to see if there was any difference in stroke if not the 01 should work.

Snap a few pictures of where your power valve connection is and of what you have at the moment

98-02 are interchangeable as complete assemblies.  1998 and 2002 use unique power valve parts.  99-01 power valves are interchangeable.

I have a 2002 cylinder here that I need a power valve for.  It is a good core, will need welding and a replate.  Either I need a power valve for it or I need to sell it.