gatorbackmx Florida Trail Riders Gatorback MX, Holeshot + Race ending crash

pulled the holeshot, checked out, cased the triple, bounced up, throttle hung wide open on the landing and i just couldn't hold on, piston skirt wound up snapping into a million pieces.

• Like 2

smh,

glad your ok (saw you got right up so that was the first good sign)

1. Why do you crack the throttle (2-3x) after bike starts on line? (if it cranks drop in gear and haul - tip, have you tried starting with it in gear-(2nd) and find the kick spot for TDC for sure crank?)

2. When  you have a jump then quick turn take the inside of the jump so you land on the inside of turn - its all about distance vs. time

3. If your gonna ride the turn berms then stay on the gas, you let off "every" time you go into a berm (btw, that is the long way around -unless your really a fast rider!, cut shallow and weight the bike to make up time

4. Not sure how many times you went on outside of that jump? (when your on the 3-4 laps your tired, better to hit them early and put more distance from you and others, than later in race)

You should go up to Hard Rock MX one day and spend several hrs on the sand track (I assume they still have it) - you will be amazed at what you learn for that deep sand;)

smh,
glad your ok (saw you got right up so that was the first good sign)
1. Why do you crack the throttle (2-3x) after bike starts on line? (if it cranks drop in gear and haul - tip, have you tried starting with it in gear-(2nd) and find the kick spot for TDC for sure crank?)
2. When  you have a jump then quick turn take the inside of the jump so you land on the inside of turn - its all about distance vs. time
3. If your gonna ride the turn berms then stay on the gas, you let off "every" time you go into a berm (btw, that is the long way around -unless your really a fast rider!, cut shallow and weight the bike to make up time
4. Not sure how many times you went on outside of that jump? (when your on the 3-4 laps your tired, better to hit them early and put more distance from you and others, than later in race)
You should go up to Hard Rock MX one day and spend several hrs on the sand track (I assume they still have it) - you will be amazed at what you learn for that deep sand

this is my first year racing hare scrambles so i've been getting used to the starts

i feel more safe riding a berm then flat ground, plus i feel like it saves a little energy for my legs

once again this relates to my comfort in the berms and energy savings

which jump?

Ouch! Hopefully you didn't break into a million pieces too!

i was fine, surprisingly. i'm pretty lucky cause i've seen crashes that weren't anywhere near that speed that wind up with broken bones
  • Like 1

The cased jump.

Well you need to spend time doing circles and figure 8's to build your confidence up.

what's your practice routine when your either in the woods or on a track? (ah, you don't practice specific things....huh??):rolleyes: