Rear brake

Does anyone know what would cause the rear brake piston to be fully out like in the picture? It seems like the caliper isnt floating like it should however it slides fine on the pins. I'm having an issue with it being so far in it clips the spokes. IMG_20170517_073441135.jpg

When did you last replace the brake pin, it may have a groove worn in it from the pads. Replace the pin often, otherwise pull it all down and clean and polish everything and reassemble.

• Like 1

x2... if it is grooved it will not sit right. The rear brake is very sensitive due to the slop in the way it connects to the swingarm. Not so much with the front. It is secured pretty well. 

I just bought the bike in December so i have not replaced the pin. Ill get a new one. In the picture it looks like the lower slide pin may be bent as well. I took it out and it might have a very slight bend. Im thinking its more cockeyed as the tolerance isnt very tight. Do you guys replace the slide pins often as well?

I think ebc pads come with a brand new pin, but yes you can buy the pins pretty cheap

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joshz400_03 said:

I just bought the bike in December so i have not replaced the pin. Ill get a new one. In the picture it looks like the lower slide pin may be bent as well. I took it out and it might have a very slight bend. Im thinking its more cockeyed as the tolerance isnt very tight. Do you guys replace the slide pins often as well?

I replace mine every other time I change the pads. I clean, polish and grease them every time I change the oil. So every 2-3 hours of ride time. Its like a 5-10 min job to do front and rear. 

The rear seems to be affected by worn pads worse as well because of the play in the attachment points. I would throw some fresh pads in there if you are replacing the pin anyways and you should be good to go.

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 2