Sprocket interchange?

Was going to order a 13t front for my '17 501 but finding lots of places listing them for different years and not including the 2017. Did they change or are they all the same fit?

I have a 13t on the front of my 17 450... No problem finding them, just be careful taking that bolt out of the countershaft! I broke mine in about thirty seconds, way too much loctite on them

Benny Mac, I have the same problem (broken bolt), how did you get yours out?

Thanks

Mike

I paid the shop to take it out, lots of heat drilling, then replace countershaft seals. When I broke mine I almost shit my pants and decided to pay whatever it cost to fix because the bike was literally brand new.

Thanks Benny, I hear you on the defecation part. My bike has 3-hours. Our local shop did not want to mess with it. 

I was going to order one off ebay with some other stuff I need but haven't found any listed for this year. Older ones only.

Local shop had me fixed up in less than 24 hours. The lay the bike in it's side, drill a perfect hole in the bolt and use an easy out with extreme heat to remove. I was back in business the next morning. This happens all the time with KTM/Husqvarna countershaft sprockets apparently

air impact wrench spun my counter shaft sprocket bolt right out.  It worked great.  Are people not doing it that way because they don't have the tool or is there some problem I am not aware of from using an impact wrench?

I was probably being over cautious. I have air tools and thought it'd do more harm than good. Little did I know they used half a bottle of red loctite putting that thing in, the reality now that I think of it is that the impact would have created the heat necessary to loosen that shit up.

• Like 1

ya i heat mine up with torch before taking the bolt off. 

23 hours ago, Benny Mac said:

I have a 13t on the front of my 17 450... No problem finding them, just be careful taking that bolt out of the countershaft! I broke mine in about thirty seconds, way too much loctite on them

I have one too. 

And I had the same experience too, SUPER Tight,  the socket wasnt 100% seated and I rounded off the last 1/3 of the bolt head.  I ordered a new bolt.  

19 minutes ago, tyler90 said:

Are you guys running more red loctite upon reassembly or switching it to the blue removable one or none at all?

Blue, and just checking every other ride to make sure its still tight.   So far so good. 

• Like 1

Yeah I had so much red loctite on my cs bolt that I had to use a breaker bar the whole way. U know usually you can simply break a bolt loose and then finish spinning it off by hand..

Now I know for next time to simply use my air powered impact gun (even though I used blue loctite during reinstallation)

Edited by tyler90
  • Like 1