Rekluse Questions

I just bought a bike that has a rekluse in it (never owned an auto clutch before).  How do I tell what model of Rekluse I have?  Also, how do I tell if I need to replace the clutch plates?

Their website is very helpful.  If you take your cover off and then go look at their site I am sure you can tell what it is.  If it is their plates you will be able to find their recommended thickness.  If the plates are OE it is just like the OE specs.   

Also, if you start the engine and let it idle and the clutch lever feels like it has very little resistance-as if it is not attached to anything anymore, then you *might* have a Z-Start Pro... If you start the engine and with it idling the clutch lever feels like you are pulling on the front brake instead of the clutch lever, you might have the cheaper version called the Core, or EXP, or something like that.  Like posted above, the only real way to know for sure is to remove the clutch cover side of the engine and inspect it to see what is in there.

I think I'll pop it open and see what model I have just so I know.  Before I do, I figure if I'm going to open it up I may as well change out the plates since it's an older bike that is new to me; I'd just like to know back in my head while riding that it's fresh.  So just to confirm, any plates that will fit my bike (CRF450X) will work in it?  I guess the steel plates need to be Rekluse - do I need to know the model I have before ordering these plates?

Call Rekluse and tell em what year your 450X is...chances are (depending on the year) there may have been one or two of their clutches available for your model/year.