2016 KX450F recall?

Anyone had, or even heard of, a recall on the 16's 'main shaft' which replaces the trans gears?  I have a friend that was looking at a used 16' kx450f claiming this and I have a 16' that isnt on the recall list, bought new, and this is the first mention of it i've seen or can find.  I was also going to stop by the dealer and ask them, but I know sometimes owners know things before dealers

I feel like the P.O. blew it up and is claiming a recall is why it has new rings, piston, cam chain, ect. Replaced as "preventative maintenance"

Spoke to the seller - guess it happens to bikes that are raced, but rarely.  More like a warranty replacement then an actual 'recall'.

Edited by Thump_Stump
More info

I had a 16 that I bought new and never got a recall notice for anything.  I also never heard of any recalls.  I now have a 17 and I got a request for inspection for the front forks.  Apparently there were some units that came through that didn't have all 22 compression clicks.  I checked mine and it was fine.  If not, the notice said to contact my dealer about getting the fork leg replaced.

Edited by Endoair

Yea my dealer was unaware of anything for the 16, but mentioned that for the 17.  One dealer I called said that sometimes they dont do recalls on all VIN's, which is understandable. However I always thought a note went out to all owners.

1 minute ago, HONDA65 said:

Hey, mine doesn't have all 22 clicks. No notice though

How many does it have?  The first position is technically the first click so start counting from 1 instead of 0.

Here is what the notice looks like.  It's a 4x6 post card type mailer with postage prepaid.  Give your dealer a call and see what they say.

InkedIMG_20170607_0001_LI.jpg

Edited by Endoair