2016 As a Technical Off-road Platform

I have a chance to pick up a new 2016, dirt cheap. Looking for opinions on the viability of the '16 as a technical woods bike. Steep, rocky, rooty, single track. Last Suzuki was a '97 I bought new and raced MX with. It was a twitchy bastard. Definitely looking for a more stable platform for off-road.  I don't like the off-road specific 250f's a s they are too porky as well as neutered in the power department.  I most always mod MX bikes to suit my needs in the woods  

What say you?  Anybody here with experience with this bike off-road, in the conditions I outlined above?

Edited by hoov165x

I have a 2016 and I ride mostly technical trails. It's a decent bike for this. Stock it is twitchy to me. I re geared it and added a g2 throttle tamer, both of which helped. It is very light and easy to throw around on tight trails. I am not a huge fan of the air forks, but I'm getting them dialed in and they are liveable. All in all I think they are great bikes.

I have a 15' model.  What did you guys move to in the gearing dept.?  Stock is I believe 12/48.

Well the bike has been sitting in the corner for a year gathering cobwebs. The 2T has been getting the love. I finally decided to get this thing set up for off-road. Fork is going to MX-Tech next week for the spring conversion. FMF Q4 going on. Rekluse Radius X on the way. 18” rear soon. Auto clutch only for stall proofing. 

Cant wait to get er done!