Oceano Dunes over 4th of July

Hello everyone. I'm new to California and was told that the Oceano Dunes SVRA is a great place to go riding on the weekends. Of course not being from this area, I immediately discovered that you need a reservation to camp in that park and surprise surprise everything is reserved over the 4th of July. I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to sell their reservation or knew of someone that would be will to part ways with theirs.

Thanks!

Whata joke...."all the camp sites are full" LOL

Looks like I've found someone selling their reservation. (Not even going to mention the asking price lol) My next question is if I buy it, can my buddies get day passes and camp overnight with me?

Hello everyone. I'm new to California and was told that the Oceano Dunes SVRA is a great place to go riding on the weekends. Of course not being from this area, I immediately discovered that you need a reservation to camp in that park and surprise surprise everything is reserved over the 4th of July. I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to sell their reservation or knew of someone that would be will to part ways with theirs.

Thanks!

It's also referred to as Pismo Beach. It's the greatest place for OHV. Weekends and holidays gets packed anyway. I suggest you go during a week day so the dunes are all carved up and they are all yours. Another great place for sand dunes is called Glamis. Its in the south eastern tip of California. This is where the big boys go to play. I think it's 40 mi.² of sand dunes. Pismo beach is maybe 5 mi.² of sand dunes. Pismo is on the Pacific ocean which is beautiful. Glamis is in the middle of godforsaken country. You better take water!

It's also referred to as Pismo Beach. It's the greatest place for OHV. Weekends and holidays gets packed anyway. I suggest you go during a week day so the dunes are all carved up and they are all yours. Another great place for sand dunes is called Glamis. Its in the south eastern tip of California. This is where the big boys go to play. I think it's 40 mi.² of sand dunes. Pismo beach is maybe 5 mi.² of sand dunes. Pismo is on the Pacific ocean which is beautiful. Glamis is in the middle of godforsaken country. You better take water!

You can also go to Pismo and rent a room next to the beach. You just drive your vehicles onto the beach from there. I know, it's nothing like camping, but it's an option.

Pismo/Oceano dudes is cool ......once . 

No reservations needed to camp on the beach brah .  Just make sure you are set up above high tide .  

If your street vehicle isn't 4wd bring a tow strap and a shovel just in case.    

• Like 1

Pismo on July 4th :) 

sardine1.jpg

My sig is of Pismo circa 1998 on the YZ400 Bro

Edited by Hallzilla
  • Like 3

No reservations needed to camp on the beach brah .  Just make sure you are set up above high tide .  

I think on certain busy weekends they only allow so many vehicles in.

5 hours ago, still2smokin said:

Been three times... you are correct...  was fun the first time.  LOL

Thanks for all the feedback! I have a group of 7-10 of us that were going to pull a 30' trailer out there and stay all weekend, but if it's really as packed as everyone is saying maybe we'll just do it another weekend.

I was told Glamis is the place to go, but would the heat be unbearable in July?

Also the 30' trailer we have is a car trailer to fit all the Quads/Bikes, so no A/C

• Like 1

It will be beyond hot. You better not run out of water or beer.  It's still very much worth the trip. 

On May 19, 2017 at 7:50 AM, still2smokin said:

Not necessarily true, on the Big 3 day weekends and especially the 4th you better make a reservation.  You can get on the beach for day use but not camping. The Sardine can fills up quickly.

5 hours ago, HarleySteele said:

I have a group of 20-30 of us that were going to pull a 10' trailer out there and stay all weekend,

Also the 10' trailer we have is a landscaping trailer to fit the quad we will be sharing, so no A/C emoji91.pngemoji29.png

You will fit right in...   :lol: :usa: 

We live here and it is busy every weekend during the summer but July 4th weekend is beyond crazy packed. Steer clear of this place July 4th weekend unless you enjoy huge crowds and tons of drunk ass fools in gigantic lifted trucks.

• Like 2

I live a couple minutes from the dunes. Go any weekend other than a holiday weekend. It'll still be busy, but not crazy busy.

Go on a weekday when it is not busy and you could carve up the dunes yourself. If you wake up early you will see that the wind makes the San dunes smooth. All you have to do is haul ass! No ruts and groves to throw you off. If it's a hot day the ocean breeze will keep you cool. It's a spectacular place.