I bought a brand new 17 CRF450R this winter in Spain (it was practical because I went there to ride for week in February).

Got it home to Sweden in April and fixed her up a bit with some nice parts, grease and a lot of love.

To this matter I'm a 50+ vet, novice/intermediate who rides and races for the fun of it (and to get some exercise while at it).

At the second race of the season with the meter just over 10h (everything in mint condition) i had a catastrophic failure of the frame :cry: I sure was lucky because I walked away without a scratch.

No help what so ever from Honda MC Sweden (They claim it's not their problem when the bike isn't sold in Sweden) :naughty:.

Honda Spain has been on siesta for the last 11 days, the dealer has got no reply... :banghead:

So, what do you guys think?

What should I do, who should i contact? (my own belief is that if the right Honda people got hold of this they would fix it ASAP)

Does anybody have a clue why this happened? (except for a bad alu piece at the bottom of my frame).

DSC_2282.JPG

Edited by Kristian Morsing

That's scary. If it was mine I'd definitely be saying to Honda that it was a warranty issue. Weird the way all 4 have broken in the same shape? Maybe the drill got blunt and there was too much heat in the manufacturing or something? Honda need to replace the frame and take that one away for analysis. They need to determine if its a one-off or a potential recall. I don't see it as a dealer issue at all, so Honda Sweden should take it on rather than referring you back to Spain.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fraser said:

That's scary. If it was mine I'd definitely be saying to Honda that it was a warranty issue. Weird the way all 4 have broken in the same shape? Maybe the drill got blunt and there was too much heat in the manufacturing or something? Honda need to replace the frame and take that one away for analysis. They need to determine if its a one-off or a potential recall. I don't see it as a dealer issue at all, so Honda Sweden should take it on rather than referring you back to Spain.

Yes, I agree. Honda MC Sweden blames their action on being a standalone business (not owned by Honda) but from my point of view it's crazy that they don't take any responsibility to uphold the Honda brand name.

All 4 broke and the suspension collapsed, the broken of parts are still hold in place by the bolts (everything greased up, torqued to spec and moving freely...)

DSC_2286.JPG

Update

Didn't mention it before but when I got the negative answer from Honda Sweden I contacted both the Spanish retailer and also Honda Europe (to complain about the way Honda Sweden handles things).

Right now (after 10 days) I got an answer from Honda Europe saying they have contacted both Honda Spain and Honda Sweden to resolve the matter.

Guess what, an hour ago I couldn't take waiting and spoiling my season anymore so i bought a new frame on ebay :foul:

Let's hope this ends well somehow..