Stock expansion chamber

Thinking about going back to the stock exp. Chamber on my 2000 kx250.. I messed my fatty up the other but I rebent it back how it should go, but I'm wanting to try the stock pipe but wondering if it will kill the gains on the bike or not, it's a 285 big bore, vforce3 reeds. Thoughts on this, wanna go stock simply cuz I do alot of off-road riding and want an exp. Chamber that's not so bulky, I love the bulky look but the fatty is huge lmao

You may or may not need to rejet.  See how it works.  I would leave the timing alone.

4 hours ago, hightower_88 said:

Will I have to rejet it? I was thinking of slightly advancing it a hair as well if I went with stock pipe

Try stock and go from there.  Advancing timing will cost even more top end.  If you decide to go with a gnarly pipe, you def need to lean out the carb. 

Edited by Jeekinz

7 hours ago, Jeekinz said:

Try stock and go from there.  Advancing timing will cost even more top end.  If you decide to go with a gnarly pipe, you def need to lean out the carb. 

Hmmmm this is a tough decision, a guy has a decent stock one for 100, just dont wanna take a step backwards and it end up being a waste of money lol I do have one more question though unrelated to the expansion chamber, my front brake when I first start to ride has an easy pull, but after a few corners and blah blah it get really hard to pull, still stops just really hard pull, I'm not sure why it's doin that, any ideas?

11 hours ago, hightower_88 said:

Hmmmm this is a tough decision, a guy has a decent stock one for 100, just dont wanna take a step backwards and it end up being a waste of money lol I do have one more question though unrelated to the expansion chamber, my front brake when I first start to ride has an easy pull, but after a few corners and blah blah it get really hard to pull, still stops just really hard pull, I'm not sure why it's doin that, any ideas?

Tuning and wasting money go hand and hand.  lmao 

Brake issue seems like something heating up within the caliper.  Try giving it a good cleaning or rebuild it.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 8:33 AM, Jeekinz said:

Tuning and wasting money go hand and hand.  lmao 

Brake issue seems like something heating up within the caliper.  Try giving it a good cleaning or rebuild it.

Cleaned up the caliper a little and put fresh dot 4 brake fluid, and rebled the master cylinder and then rebled to caliper and it appears to be working properly, I wonder if there was just air in the caliper and possibly with everything getting hot caused the air to expand? Who knows but I will try and get out this weekend to see for sure.

On 5/18/2017 at 11:09 AM, Jeekinz said:

I thought advancing would cost on the bottom end?