Just recently moved to Centreville Virginia (25 miles west of D.C.) and I'm looking for some places to ride, preferably some trails. If anyone knows of some places in Northern Virginia, Western Maryland, North Eastern West Virginia, South Western Pennsylvania, I'd appreciate some input. I've ridden Taskers Gap and Moto Cove but I'm looking for something new. Hatfield McCoy is a little too far, and MX tracks aren't my forte. 

Thanks! 

-DTEW

You've got to try mountain ridge atv Park... awesome single track and tons of rock gardens...

http://www.mountainridgeatvtrails.com

That's awesome! Do you know how crowded this place gets on long weekends (memorial, Labor Day)? Also, are trails one direction?

Thanks again!
  • Like 1

Trust me there will be no traffic on the "bikes only" trails....

But it can get busy sometimes...

These vids are from two weeks ago.

4 hours ago, dtew said:

Hatfield McCoy is a little too far

Hatfield-McCoy is totally worth it, but yeah, its far from Centerville. Closer for you than me in Philly. Not realistic to do a day trip, but there are cool and inexpensive places to stay (Man and Gilbert WV)

• Like 2

Hatfield-McCoy is totally worth it, but yeah, its far from Centerville. Closer for you than me in Philly. Not realistic to do a day trip, but there are cool and inexpensive places to stay (Man and Gilbert WV)

Any riding near the Pennsylvania Maryland border closer to Philly?

18 minutes ago, dtew said:

Any riding near the Pennsylvania Maryland border closer to Philly?

Not that I know of. I live in a "mainline" Philly suburb, and I drive nearly 2 hours to get to RAC to ride. Taskers Gap is about 3 hours for me, and HM is 6 or 7.

Not that I know of. I live in a "mainline" Philly suburb, and I drive nearly 2 hours to get to RAC to ride. Taskers Gap is about 3 hours for me, and HM is 6 or 7.

RAC?

RAC: Reading Anthracite Company land. Mostly in central PA, Pottsville and St Clair PA, its probably 3 or 3-1/2 hours from Centerville

http://readinganthracite.com/access-permits/

there are two threads here about it, one INFO that provides background, places to park etc

and Meetup, about meeting to ride.

Edited by pat22043
  • Like 1