2006 yz250 question

Hi, I just found a great deal for an 06 yz 250 online, and was just wondering, if I'm about 5'10, how would I fit the bike?? I was wondering if I could get two feet on the ground, control it well and stuff like that. Thanks for reading!! 

I know people who are shorter than you who ride them in the woods. Track shouldn't be a problem, at least for reaching the ground. Controlling it once it's moving is going to be more on skill than height.

• Like 2

Thanks that's really reassuring! A family friend has had one for a while now, but said that it was two fast for them. They asked me if I wanted it for 1000 bucks so I said sure I'll pick it up Monday! It also comes with the title and has just been rebuilt! It's awesome having old family friends who don't care about money

• Like 1

Ya that's dope! I didn't get a title with mine and I paid $2500 in wny a couple months ago for it and I still got a good deal.

IMG_20170227_114905.jpg

• Like 1

Ol hill bills, thanks for the reply aswell, I have been riding for about 7 years now so I think I'll be able to harness the power of the beast! This is also my first two stroke so any tips/ tricks I should know?

Ol hill bills, thanks for the reply aswell, I have been riding for about 7 years now so I think I'll be able to harness the power of the beast! This is also my first two stroke so any tips/ tricks I should know?

It's not as much of a problem for a 2t0 as it is for a 125 but clutch control is key! And they love to be beat.

That's a beautiful bike man! I'll be sure to post some pics of (hopefully mine) here on Monday 

• Like 1

Pound for pound one of the best bikes ever made.

• Like 1

I'm 5'8" and do the one foot thing, feat are only needed when you stop or wash, if you wash your too close to the ground already. First started on 250's when I was 14 on the trails and did the roll up on the biggest tree and lock up and lean over or find a rut(best ever) felt tall for once. Enjoy man you'll fall in love with the sound... 

Pound for pound one of the best bikes ever made.

I %100 agree with you but that is all personal preference. I knew a b class mx racer that would choose his 99 kx250 over an aluminum frame Yz.
  • Like 1

I %100 agree with you but that is all personal preference. I knew a b class mx racer that would choose his 99 kx250 over an aluminum frame Yz.

I raced 250 B on a 99 KX250. LOL! I had a 2001 KX250, then I switched to a four stroke

13 hours ago, Mxridder said:

Thanks that's really reassuring! A family friend has had one for a while now, but said that it was two fast for them. They asked me if I wanted it for 1000 bucks so I said sure I'll pick it up Monday! It also comes with the title and has just been rebuilt! It's awesome having old family friends who don't care about money

That's a helluva deal! What condition is it in?

You should sell it to me for $1500

12 minutes ago, MaybeMe said:

That's a helluva deal! What condition is it in?

The bike is baisically brand new. They bought it in 06 and never felt that they could tame the power so since I help them out a lot around the farm, and that the bike is worth like 3500 dollars all day here where I'm from, they actually offered to give it to me, but I don't like to get free things so I said I'll give em 1000 bucks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mxridder said:

The bike is baisically brand new. They bought it in 06 and never felt that they could tame the power so since I help them out a lot around the farm, and that the bike is worth like 3500 dollars all day here where I'm from, they actually offered to give it to me, but I don't like to get free things so I said I'll give em 1000 bucks

Awesome score! I just picked up a basically brand new '05 from Cali for $3k, all the way up here in Mass! Never been touched!

I would go over it with a fine-toothed comb; you have a great year and it won't let you down if you treat it well ;)