08 450 coolant out overflow

So I took my bike for a lap around my block and when I got back I set it up against the garage and noticed a nice puddle of coolant had shot out the overflow. The bike is new to me and I did have the engine idle pretty high while riding and came back and turned it down. I started tue bike and I could easily pinch the radiator hoses while it was running. Any ideas or how to tell if it's got flow? Changed oil and no water in oil either.

Pretty common thing,they usually drop down to just over the rad fins inside the rad

I checked the level and it is below the fins and I was gonna add some. Also shouldn't you feel the radiator hoses off the pump be sort of hard with pressure while running

Wouldnt quite fret it yet, fill it just to the top of the fins. Run it around the block again but this time catch the coolant coming out in a bottle. How much have you lost. How much did it take to refill and what does your oil look like. I run mine down in hot hard woods and she spews a bit but doesnt seem to be a problem. Usually about 10 oz or less to fill it every time i ride. Pending on how much ive laid her down and such.

Wouldnt quite fret it yet, fill it just to the top of the fins. Run it around the block again but this time catch the coolant coming out in a bottle. How much have you lost. How much did it take to refill and what does your oil look like. I run mine down in hot hard woods and she spews a bit but doesnt seem to be a problem. Usually about 10 oz or less to fill it every time i ride. Pending on how much ive laid her down and such.

Thanks. I was supposed to ride today but plans changed and it's supposed to rain all week but 10 oz sounds about right on what puked out my bike. I will just have to make sure that ever time I refill its around the same amount and not more.
  • Like 1