Bearing removal

Trying to remove these bearings the two to the right any ideas? Do I have to remove the 2 screws on the left one in order to get it out. Thanks 

20170518_213559.jpg

Yes remove the screws and use a socket and a hammer to hit it out from the back side.
The right ball bearing, I used a propane torch and heated only the case ask the way around the bearing and used needle nose pliers and just pulled the bearing out easily.
I haven't​ yet removed the needle bearing type.

• Like 4

When you go to put the bearings back in put them in the freezer over night.  This will make them slip right into the case bores before they warm up.  The opposite of heating up the case to get the bearing out.

• Like 1

I have heated cases in the oven at like 250 degrees for 10 minutes. lightly tap on a cutting board or piece of plywood and they usually fall out. Do not hammer the bearings in. Freeze the bearings, heat the cases again and they should slip right in. Hammering your cases is a good way to triple your repair bill.

• Like 3

I forgot about putting the engine cases in the oven.  Just make sure they are very clean, in terms of oil residue and chemicals, before you put them in the oven.  When I had to change out the crank bearings on my Montesa I used the oven and it worked like a champ.  As stated they practically fell out of the cases, no hammering involved.

Edited by GlennRay
Insuficient memory.
  • Like 1

The bearings need to be in the freezer for at least 12 hours.  Sticking them in there for an hour or two isn't going to get it done.  Do not rush it at this point, let the bearings chill out while you have a beer or two and chill out as well!

• Like 1