Suggestions about Yamaha YZ125 1998

Hello people,

First of all, sorry for my poor English. My name is Lucas, I'm from Argentina and i bought a year ago a Yamaha YZ125 1998. Recently i had a problem with my clutch and i have to replace some parts.

The problem is i cannot find the pressure plate for my model (PN: 4EX-16351-00-00) and i was wondering if the later models plate (PN: 5HD-16351-00) can work on my bike... At look it seems to be exactly the same, but i doubt it, so maybe anyone know and can confirm if works or not. Also I cannot find the screws with washer (PN: 90159-06016-00), that would be much a difference or be risky to just assembly it with screws from a grocery or something?

Remember the main problem is I cannot find the OEM parts, not I don't want to... I'm just trying to find the best solution without making damage to my bike.

Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate it.

Edited by lucas9005

Is it just the face of the pressure

plate thats slightly worn ?

Can you take the plate to a place  

with a metal lathe to get them to

give the plate a light skim to

make it flat again ?

To find more info on parts and 

availability, use a search engine,

( google usually works well ) 

or Ebay ( Ebay stores is also 

an outlet some shops use to

sell parts ) 

and search the part # 

According to this, that pressure

plate was on 93 to 99 Yz 125's,

and some Yz 80's 

Might want to find something 

local, as shipping might be

very costly.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-4EX-16351-00-00.html?gclid=CMmRnKaW_dMCFRBEfgodeEsFkA

And the bolt with washer looks 

like it is very common on a lot

of bikes

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-90159-06016-00.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yamaha7654 said:

Is it just the face of the pressure

plate thats slightly worn ?

Can you take the plate to a place  

with a metal lathe to get them to

give the plate a light skim to

make it flat again ?

To find more info on parts and 

availability, use a search engine,

( google usually works well ) 

or Ebay ( Ebay stores is also 

an outlet some shops use to

sell parts ) 

and search the part # 

According to this, that pressure

plate was on 93 to 99 Yz 125's,

and some Yz 80's 

Might want to find something 

local, as shipping might be

very costly.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-4EX-16351-00-00.html?gclid=CMmRnKaW_dMCFRBEfgodeEsFkA

And the bolt with washer looks 

like it is very common on a lot

of bikes

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-90159-06016-00.html

Thanks so much for your reply,

The problem with the pressure plate is it's broken, one of the sticks from the inner clutch just broke and the entire piece of aluminum with the spring and the bolt got stuck on the clutch cover reinforcements... So I ended with the inner clutch, bolt, spring, pressure plate and clutch cover (reinforcements and a hole on it) broken. That's why I bought a new inner clutch, new springs (all of them) and today I find the bolts (all of them) on my country but I'm still searching for the pressure plate. I can buy from sites like ebay or partzilla but it will take minimum 3 months to arrive.... usually a week to get inside the country, and the rest of that time in the process of custom clearance. >[

By the way I didn't mention the clutch cover because I'm going to repair it, cos it doesn't move, so while it's not leaking I don't care... But the rest of the parts have to deal with much stress so I didn't wanted to weld them.

they're still using the same pressure plate plate today....1993 to 2017....part numbers have changed but that usually is Yamaha changing the parts numbering system not the part...

On 2017-5-20 at 11:18 AM, Budlite said:

they're still using the same pressure plate plate today....1993 to 2017....part numbers have changed but that usually is Yamaha changing the parts numbering system not the part...

Hello Budlite,

Thank you very much for your answer :thumbsup: Yet I have to ask if you are really sure about that, because I can't return the part once I buy it.

7 hours ago, lucas9005 said:

Hello Budlite,

Thank you very much for your answer :thumbsup: Yet I have to ask if you are really sure about that, because I can't return the part once I buy it.

look up any aftermarket plate and look at the year range...

12 hours ago, Budlite said:

look up any aftermarket plate and look at the year range...

That's a pretty smart idea, thank you so much :ride: braaaaaaap