Clamps

Hello, I have a 2015 Drz400sm that has a messed up clamp where the stock Mikuni carburetor connects to the air box. I can't seem to find an exact sized replacement, and don't really want to order more garbage OEM clamps. My question is does size really matter in this case? Will I be alright if I just put a wider clamp on it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

IMO, the stock clamps are not a bad design, someone must have abused the one on your bike.  I have never had a problem with the OE clamps and I have removed it a number of times over the past 9 years.  You will probably have a hard time finding one that is the same width, it might be best to just order the OE clamp and be done, maybe order a spare as well.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Agreed, the OEM clamps are of a good quality. If a previous owner over-torqued the screw that could strip out the soft material on the screw head. If you clamp is ok, but the screw is chewed-up, look into replacing the screw only.

Thanks for the responses. It does appear that the clamp screw was replaced with a shorter screw and the screw hole has been widen a bit by over torquing, I just prefer a worm clamp, but as suggested I will get some more OEM clamps just to be done with it and back to riding. Thanks again guys