YZ UFO Restyle Kit - Any good?

Hey guys, 

I can buy the UFO kit for ~$100. Is it any good? How does it compare to the Polisport one? I can get the Polisport for $130, but if the UFO is just as good, mind as well.

UFO= must buy UFO graphics for rad scoops. 

Polisport= can buy any graphics, custom on # plates. 

Polisport also has a kit with 15up airbox for 150.00. Then, ALL OEM style graphic work. 

Your choice. 

I did this to a bike. 

UFO rear fender and #plates, Acerbis front scoops, fender, number. 

IMG_5313.JPG.3766c55e7b076b5a5cc410a34ca6b9d3.JPG

IMG_5315.JPG.95fcabd17407785c78f72688741e9e63.JPG

IMG_5316.thumb.JPG.385fd1aaa3fb26c8a5d170aa2cf313cf.JPG

• Like 4

The one negative comment I have heard about the UFO Re-style kit is that the rear "point" on the side number plates has a tendency to hook on clothing, especially the brake side, as it extends out from the side of the bike further to cover the silencer. It can grab your pant leg when you are getting on the bike and cause an embarrassing tip-over. Or cause a hitch when you're throwing a Nac-Nac.

The OEM 2015 & up plastic and the Cycra kit have a different shape that doesn't get hung up -- at least not as much. I don't know about the Polisport plastic, but you should be able to tell by comparing it to the OEM pieces.

Aside from that, I've always liked UFO's quality, durability, and fit.

Good luck and let us know what you do. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I definitely want a restyle kit at some point, just can't justify the money when I need to take care of other things.  Maybe next time I wreck hard it'll be justifiable.

On 5/19/2017 at 9:20 AM, CaptDan said:

The one negative comment I have heard about the UFO Re-style kit is that the rear "point" on the side number plates has a tendency to hook on clothing, especially the brake side, as it extends out from the side of the bike further to cover the silencer. It can grab your pant leg when you are getting on the bike and cause an embarrassing tip-over. Or cause a hitch when you're throwing a Nac-Nac.

The OEM 2015 & up plastic and the Cycra kit have a different shape that doesn't get hung up -- at least not as much. I don't know about the Polisport plastic, but you should be able to tell by comparing it to the OEM pieces.

Aside from that, I've always liked UFO's quality, durability, and fit.

Good luck and let us know what you do. :thumbsup:

I experience this as well, and have thought about hacking up my side plates - which would surely look like crap.....

• Like 1

I've had the UFO kit for almost a year now. You don't need UFO graphics, you just need to let your graphics company know what plastics you are using and they should be able to get the templates. I run Defy Graphics and although I haven't nailed down exactly what I want to do yet (especially now that he can print metallic colors), he hasn't had a problem finding templates. No problem with the number plates getting hung up either... sounds hilarious to witness though. IMHO, the UFO restyle kit also looks better than the 2015+ plastics or any other restyle kit I've seen. 

2005 YZ250.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JGildea413 said:

I've had the UFO kit for almost a year now. You don't need UFO graphics, you just need to let your graphics company know what plastics you are using and they should be able to get the templates. I run Defy Graphics and although I haven't nailed down exactly what I want to do yet (especially now that he can print metallic colors), he hasn't had a problem finding templates. No problem with the number plates getting hung up either... sounds hilarious to witness though. IMHO, the UFO restyle kit also looks better than the 2015+ plastics or any other restyle kit I've seen. 

2005 YZ250.jpg

Nice bike :thumbsup:

I'm on the fence between Polisport's for $130, or UFO for ~$100. 

I can get graphics made for either, but I'm not sure about the rear number plates with the UFOs.

• Like 1