Drz 400s

So I've done the 3x3 jd jet kit slip on /custom pipe hand guards rmz front fender clutch and break levers mirrors and runs signals r on the way I was lookin to get a lil more low end grung should I put a 14 t front sprocket on or will I lose a lot of my top end speed I'm 280 and I get about 85-90 out of it now not at revlimiter but it seams like if needs a lil more ass to get to it

It will help on the bottom but you will lose on the top end.The big restriction in a drz is the head pipe,a slip on is mostly for sound.A well designed full system like the MRD Z-Pro will yield better results.Also,if you want more power everywhere consider getting the TT Keihin 39FCR-MX conversion kit as well as the JDS010 jet kit and  their extended fuel screw.It will be a very complimentary upgrade with the exhaust mentioned and will allow you to get the most out of what you have,will get you an extra 5-7hp.

Adding a cam? It's fairly easy. Just drop it in, check valve clearances, and change oil. Then break it in for a bit, and check clearances and change oil again. At least that's what Hotcams require.

Edited by HansLanda

23 hours ago, Tucker9 said:

So I've done the 3x3 jd jet kit slip on /custom pipe hand guards rmz front fender clutch and break levers mirrors and runs signals r on the way I was lookin to get a lil more low end grung should I put a 14 t front sprocket on or will I lose a lot of my top end speed I'm 280 and I get about 85-90 out of it now not at revlimiter but it seams like if needs a lil more ass to get to it

My bike would only turn about 8,600 with the stock cams. That was after the carb, exhaust mods.

20 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

If you have around $160 an intake cam will wake it up.

A 14 tooth will help. If you're not cruising the highway it should be fine.

They are also relatively cheap so if you don't like it or have a long ride coming up, you can change back easily.

I know where someone could get a deal on an E intake cam. :D

• Like 2