Sign in to follow this  

Dungey isn't dead!

Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

Thanks for the update, now how about Nicky Haden?

He passed today.sad deal.

Seriously, could you write a more depressing article? I know you're one of those guys who doesnt care for Dungey, but at least write one good thing about the dude. 

Talking about him and his wife getting divorced because other pros have? really? Unlike RC, Langston and Viewliman, Dungey didn't marry a Moto Hoe whose reason for marriage was money and fame, she had no idea who he was when they first started dating.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, GBowman said:

Seriously, could you write a more depressing article? I know you're one of those guys who doesnt care for Dungey, but at least write one good thing about the dude. 

Talking about him and his wife getting divorced because other pros have? really? Unlike RC, Langston and Viewliman, Dungey didn't marry a Moto Hoe whose reason for marriage was money and fame, she had no idea who he was when they first started dating.

Did you really expect more from him? Chris attention whore Cooksey...

• Like 1

That article had way too many assumptions about Dungey.  What about assuming he'll thrive in retirement?

I get it - sometimes professionals have a hard time in retirement (from any sport), but this is too negative for me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chris Cooksey said:

You pretty much Suck at this. I gave you a thumbs up a month ago but  this one is a pretty sad attempt to get attention.

Edited by RMZ819
  • Like 1

I totally do not understand why you chose this prose lest it be just to really wish him all the worst in his retirement. Sorry man, Dungey has the hardware, the respect and admiration of many for his demeanor, he was a clean champion. I agree Lindsey is not some motor whore, I am sorry you are hard pressed to find a better good ole American success story as Dungey and this is what you want to write about when he retires?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GBowman said:

Bowman, first off Nicky Hayden isn't dead, he is in extremely critical condition.  

I wrote about what potential pitfalls a professional athelete can incur following retirement.  I never said he was getting a divorce.  Facts are facts and many marriages don't make it through this time period.  I don't know anything about Lindsay or Ryan's personal relationship nor would I call his wife a Moto Hoe.  You strengthen my point by listing some of the guys who are now divorced.  Do you know any former professional athletes?  I do and it it a tough transition to civilian, just ask my buddy Chuck Sun. 

Bowman I wrote: "Ryan Dungey will be remembered as one of the hardest working and determined riders in the sport’s history."  I think that is pretty good. He also apologized for yelling at me, I am a big fan and hope he is happy and healthy in his retirement.   Just for arguments sake, here is another positive thing I said about him. "I personally appreciated Dungey this season as this was my first season in the Supercross media and he made it very memorable.  He answered my press conference questions honestly and didn’t hide his emotions."

Bowman, I expect some of the clowns in this forum to say silly stuff but I have higher expectations for you, you can do better.

29 minutes ago, Chris Cooksey said:

Bowman, I expect some of the clowns in this forum to say silly stuff but I have higher expectations for you, you can do better.

As a "clown" that you didn't expect as much from May I humbly submit to you as to how was your presentation an answer to my question? My question was about "prose"; the word is clearly there. Making a presentation that you made a few positive comments has no bearing on what I asked. But if I am a clown I humbly submit and now out.......

43 minutes ago, Chris Cooksey said:

Bowman, first off Nicky Hayden isn't dead, he is in extremely critical condition.  

I wrote about what potential pitfalls a professional athelete can incur following retirement.  I never said he was getting a divorce.  Facts are facts and many marriages don't make it through this time period.  I don't know anything about Lindsay or Ryan's personal relationship nor would I call his wife a Moto Hoe.  You strengthen my point by listing some of the guys who are now divorced.  Do you know any former professional athletes?  I do and it it a tough transition to civilian, just ask my buddy Chuck Sun. 

Bowman I wrote: "Ryan Dungey will be remembered as one of the hardest working and determined riders in the sport’s history."  I think that is pretty good. He also apologized for yelling at me, I am a big fan and hope he is happy and healthy in his retirement.   Just for arguments sake, here is another positive thing I said about him. "I personally appreciated Dungey this season as this was my first season in the Supercross media and he made it very memorable.  He answered my press conference questions honestly and didn’t hide his emotions."

Dude as a "journalist" you pretty much weigh in like most liberal tabloid hitters that think they are way better at "reporting" than you actually are! If you want people to take what you report seriously maybe you should first get your head out of your ass,......that is all! 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jz125 said:

As a "clown" that you didn't expect as much from May I humbly submit to you as to how was your presentation an answer to my question? My question was about "prose"; the word is clearly there. Making a presentation that you made a few positive comments has no bearing on what I asked. But if I am a clown I humbly submit and now out.......

Dungey is the man!  You are correct sir, I doubt I could find an athlete better suited for whatever he wants in life.  Doesn't mean he is immune to some of the pitfalls of idle hands.  I am a big fan and wouldn't be surprised if he makes a comeback in a year or two, once his batteries are recharged.  I place him 4 all time: 1.  RC. 2. McGrath 3. Hannah 4. Dungey.  I put him ahead of Villapoto because of his staying power, but it's close.

• Like 1

Dungey did his job, that's what he was paid millions of dollars to do. I don't understand the significance or over importance of that? Like everyone else in the world, he was paid to provide a service.

I feel CC touched on the much broader subject of something, outside of racing, called life! Dungey is a champion at racing, doesn't mean he'll be a champion at life. Yes he's got money, health, God, etc etc but he also has 60yrs±, all it takes is one or two bonehead moves and things can change pretty fast. His whole purpose has been racing to this point, now what?, is that remains... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

I bet Dungeys gonna be real good at golf.

GOLF!!

Retired people play pickleball nowadays 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meyermetal said:

GOLF!!

Retired people play pickleball nowadays 

Didn't mean cause he was retired.  I meant it cause that's what you do as you get older.  You take up heavily drinking & hitting this stupid white ball 500 yards into a 4" hole for something to do.  Some are better than others.  He will probably have a great swing & I am hoping a bad temper.

2 hours ago, Monk said:

Dungey did his job, that's what he was paid millions of dollars to do. I don't understand the significance or over importance of that? Like everyone else in the world, he was paid to provide a service.

I feel CC touched on the much broader subject of something, outside of racing, called life! Dungey is a champion at racing, doesn't mean he'll be a champion at life. Yes he's got money, health, God, etc etc but he also has 60yrs±, all it takes is one or two bonehead moves and things can change pretty fast. His whole purpose has been racing to this point, now what?, is that remains... 

Thanks Monk, exactly where I was going with the article.