Enduro X course -- how to simulate rocks?

We're constructing a small practice enduro course, mostly for testing suspension as much as for riding practice.  There is not any realistic way to get rocks.  Does anyone have an idea about the best way to simulate rocks?  I have a firewood split pit, and logs of different diameters.

You can make fake boulders out of rebar, chicken wire and cement. I used the top of an outdoor plastic dog house as a mold for concrete, rebar and river stones. They can be leaned against logs and each other. I also used a cat litter container as a mold for cement and stones.

7657445408_62830746cf_b.jpg

• Like 1

Logs will do it some but instead of leaving them all full length of say 12-20 inches in length you'll want to cut them up in many various lengths so that you just have a mess of different sizes. Also if you can mix it up with different diameters of logs 6 inches to 24 inches. You'll find that kind of pit a nice challenge but really there is no substitute for rocks, even concrete blocks aren't a substitute but will still get you a nice skill challenge. Wood vs. tires is still different than rock vs. tires but you will still learn and raise your skills by challenging yourself.

• Like 1