carb fuel leak

on my last ride my bike started dumping out gas when I would stop the bike. replaced the dried out gaskets in the petcock and that solved one leak but it continued overflow if the petcock was on. the fuel dumps out from around the needle

the floats were too low so I set them to factory spec (18-20mm) and still continued to leak so I set them higher and it still leaks.

for what its worth, the bike started leaking fuel after a friend of mine tried to ride it and he flipped it although I think that may just be a coincidence.  

the needle seat looks to be fine and the needle itself doesnt really show any signs of wear. the seat is cast into the carb so I dont want to waste money on parts (that I already have but can still return) if the whole carb body needs to be replaced.

Edited by sk8rat

5 minutes ago, TimothyKRichardson said:

have you tried adjusting the carb float level? 

yes. they were low at first so I set them to spec and it still leaked so I set them higher and it didnt change anything.

Wonder if anyone can help me a purchased a crf50 of a guy had been lying for a year had to replace full electrics on it have cleaned carb jets set valve and cam timing and still cant get it to start am i missing something