New Levers

New owner here and I love these forums. Thanks to everyone who contributes all the great info.

I'm looking to replace the clutch and brake levers. The clutch is broken and the brake bent backwards during a fall. (Guards that do a better job of actually covering the levers is next on my list.)

The broken clutch lever is now essentially a 2-3 finger clutch and I'd like to stick with that size. I'm thinking of going with Zeta folding lever for the brake and Zeta lever or Righteous Stunt Clutch for the clutch. Has anyone had any issues with the Zeta brake lever? Is the Zeta clutch lever effort about the same as stock or is it closer to the RSC?

Thanks.

I have the Zeta levers, both brake and clutch. I Luke the fact that they are shorter, and look better too. I didn't have my stock levers on long enough to see the comparison. If you like the 2-3 finger feel, get the Zetas. 20170421_181114.jpg

How much do you really want to spend?

Pazoma 3-finger pivot levers are similar high quality like the Zeta pivot levers but half the price and designed to install directly to the stock perches without any fitting.

Then there is ASV and RSV shorty or standard levers that require their own perches and may not have the tab to actuate the stock brake light switch making it necessary to go to a hydraulic type instead.But they are smoother due to their pivot bearing design.

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses. Spending less is always better, but the easy pull on the RSC is very tempting. On the other hand, since the Zeta fits into the standard perch, I could keep a couple cheap replacements on the bike in case something breaks.

I saw another thread about the Pazoma's having fit issues that caused problems with the brakes, which concerned me.

I have the cheap levers on all my bikes now (5) not all were the Pazoma brand(always got the ones from Hong Kong ,not China ,same maybe ,maybe not) , didn't have fitment issues with any of them , I put DRZ front mc's on 2 of the other bikes to get an option of some of these shorty pivoting levers plus the brake light switch rather than going with hydraulic banjo bolt switches, so 3 sets were DRZ's .  Oldest set is now over a year and a half and no fading of the anodizing or any color change . I'm happy with them . Without guards it may be a different issue , no idea if they would hold up or not , I have Zeta hand guards on the bikes so the lever will never be hit to find out .

I routinely remove the pivot bolts from all my levers and put antiseize on them and in the hole so they feel pretty good , probably not as smooth as the bearing style but very reasonable . None compare to the hydraulic clutch on my Husky though .

DSCN1563_zpst2m54mpq.jpg

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bumtarder said:

How much do you really want to spend?

Pazoma 3-finger pivot levers are similar high quality like the Zeta pivot levers but half the price and designed to install directly to the stock perches without any fitting.

Then there is ASV and RSV shorty or standard levers that require their own perches and may not have the tab to actuate the stock brake light switch making it necessary to go to a hydraulic type instead.But they are smoother due to their pivot bearing design.

My ASV's fit the stock perch and the brake switch tab came out in 2007. Clutch is three fingers and brake is two.

'The quality lingers on long after the price is forgotten'

• Like 2