TTR125 Start Plunger stuck in bore ?

I bought a used TTR125.  It runs and starts OK but has a lean bog off idle.

The cold start actuator button thing was seized when I bought it.  I thought it would be cable issue.  When I tried to remove the cold start cable from the carburettor, I found the plunger to be seized in its bore in the carburettor.

Any hints on getting the plunger unseized from its bore ?  Any idea why it seized in the first place ?

Thanks

It's likely corroded in place, maybe from pressure washing then sitting idle, doesn't matter you need to get it out. You may need to soak it for several days. Many carbs have been ruined by people trying to remove or drill a stuck plunger. If you use one of the homemade mixes you should soak it in a sealed container as the acetone evaporates quickly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, motovita said:

It's likely corroded in place, maybe from pressure washing then sitting idle, doesn't matter you need to get it out. You may need to soak it for several days. Many carbs have been ruined by people trying to remove or drill a stuck plunger.

I didn't realize this was a common thing.   Turns out it is.

8 hours ago, M A T said:

If you can't fix it it's not worth putting any money into the stock carb.  Get a real VM24 Mikuni which has the pull up choke on the carb.  

How hard is it to set up a new carburetor for the bike ?  What model is the stock carburetor and how do you minimize the time needed to get the jetting right on the new carburetor ?