When will the AMA wake the &%$#@! up?

Check this out and tell me what you think.

 

I think that 125 class is freaking awesome. Which means that the AMA will probably never consider it. You see, anything I have ever thought would be a good idea usually is totally against the AMA's wishes. 

They lost me when they did everything they could to kill two strokes. That was their sweet little way of making more of racing totally unaffordable to family run teams and more for factory only teams. 

I know the AMA does alot for lobbying for motorcyclists and I appreciate that. But they lost me years ago because they lost touch with the average usa dirtriders. 

The ama is probably the least effective lobbyist org in Washington. Children among men.

Get California off the map and life can go back to the way it once was. Hell all the west coast liberals. I think the ama let politics get the upper hand,therefore we average Joes get left behind.

Hey, that's really cool but I gotta say I think thats sped up a little.  It looks like maybe just about 14%.  Notice how fast the roost falls.  5:10, the sounds a little off.  Other than that pretty awesome.  

On May 22, 2017 at 9:32 PM, Slicing-Air said:

Hey, that's really cool but I gotta say I think thats sped up a little.  It looks like maybe just about 14%.  Notice how fast the roost falls.  5:10, the sounds a little off.  Other than that pretty awesome.  

Agreed....  A lot of motocross vids I see are sped up and when I call it out people jump all over me.  Gravity always tells the truth.  9.821m/s^2.  They don't call it C for nothing.

They really should allow a few more ccs to keep it interesting.

Most of the racing footage in that was at faster than actual speed, in fact towards the end it was completely obvious that it was speed up. 

 

That's completely besides the point though, the OP is correct that the AMA's position towards 2ts as red headed step children in MX is bad for the sport.  The major manufacturers share the blame too (cough -Honda, cough-cough). I understand that there were some good theoretical reasons to persue 4ts, but what we got is too complicated and too expensive. 

I'd like to see something like 150cc 2ts vs 250cc 4ts, and 300 cc 2ts vs the 450s. Pro classes could have restrictor plates in the intake if any more tweaking of the power is needed.

One way or another,  the operating costs need to come down, or the participation in dirt bike racing will continue to shrink.

Hope you've enjoyed the last few rounds of Pro MX with the 125 dream race... 

The AMA has no specific position on 2 strokes, talk to the manufacturers. KTM and Husqvarna both have their 2 Stroke homologated for MX competition but no one rides them. None of the other manufacturers a. have a 2 stroke to homologate b. they choose not to homologate or c. they don't sell enough units to even qualify for homoligation. 

Edited by Erek Kudla

Don't mean to sound rude Mr. Kudla but that "explanation" is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, I don't want to sound rude.

Edited by YHGEORGE

Be cool if they added a 125 class to the program.  16 and under or something.  I've seen old races from the 80's where they'd have the 80CC experts.  Cnc nationals I think. Man was awesome 

On 6/9/2017 at 3:45 PM, YHGEORGE said:

Don't mean to sound rude Mr. Kudla but that "explanation" is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, I don't want to sound rude.

what "explanation"? There's no rule against 2 strokes. Find the rule in the AMA rulebook that states "no 2 strokes allowed" and I'll concede.

They are absolutely allowed. Interestingly enough I just came from the Regional Championship Qualifier in Chillicothe, OH for Loretta Lynns and it was 99% 2 strokes except the School Boy 2 class. Everything else was pre mix. 

My point is the disparity in sizes. Unfair IMO.

2 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

My point is the disparity in sizes. Unfair IMO.

Exactly why pros don't race then anymore.  The four strokes are faster. Would've been interesting if they lets twostrokes go to 450. Imagine a modern 450 twostroke lol I'll take one yep :ride:

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:15 AM, Erek Kudla said:

The AMA has no specific position on 2 strokes, talk to the manufacturers. KTM and Husqvarna both have their 2 Stroke homologated for MX competition but no one rides them.

And why would they want to race a two stroke against a four stroke?  The AMA is not allowing equal powered two strokes to compete against equal powered four stroke.  The AMA has sold out the two stoke owners in the interests of political correctness.  If I didn't have to maintain a membership to compete in AMA sanctioned District events I wouldn't give them one cent of my money and I'd tell them to KMA.

Edited by yzernie
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:15 AM, Erek Kudla said:

Hope you've enjoyed the last few rounds of Pro MX with the 125 dream race... 

The AMA has no specific position on 2 strokes, talk to the manufacturers. KTM and Husqvarna both have their 2 Stroke homologated for MX competition but no one rides them. None of the other manufacturers a. have a 2 stroke to homologate b. they choose not to homologate or c. they don't sell enough units to even qualify for homoligation. 

Ahhhh, it all makes sense now....

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2016/07/29/industry-news/ama-hires-off-road-racing-manager/

1 hour ago, yzernie said:

And why would they want to race a two stroke against a four stroke?  The AMA is not allowing equal powered two strokes to compete against equal powered four stroke.  The AMA has sold out the two stoke owners in the interests of political correctness.  If I didn't have to maintain a membership to compete in AMA sanctioned District events I wouldn't give them one cent of my money and I'd tell them to KMA.

If you look at the AMA rule book and the amateur classes there are no distinctions between 2 Stroke and 4 Stroke. Only CCs (Motocross 1.3.L Amateur Classes and Age Groups pg 37). Same thing with off-road.

You're thinking of professional MX/SX which only about 100 people in the entire US hold a pro license at all (I'll get the actual number back in the office).  

So again, if you can show me the rule in the AMA rulebook that is against 2 strokes I will gladly concede. 

55 minutes ago, yzernie said:

Yup, that's me. No secret, it is in my signature and occupation for this board as well. 

Edited by Erek Kudla
9 minutes ago, Erek Kudla said:

If you look at the AMA rule book and the amateur classes there are no distinctions between 2 Stroke and 4 Stroke. Only CCs (Motocross 1.3.L Amateur Classes and Age Groups pg 37). Same thing with off-road.

You're thinking of professional MX/SX which only about 100 people in the entire US hold a pro license at all (I'll get the actual number back in the office).  

So again, if you can show me the rule in the AMA rulebook that is against 2 strokes I will gladly concede. 

Yes, you are correct.  Yet, that is where the AMA and their misguided minions are missing the boat.  I would really enjoy watching a 2 vs 4 battle in PRO SX and MX. 

21 minutes ago, yzernie said:

Yes, you are correct.  Yet, that is where the AMA and their misguided minions are missing the boat.  I would really enjoy watching a 2 vs 4 battle in PRO SX and MX. 

Ahh, so it's not that the AMA is "destroying the sport" or "killing the 2 stroke for PC reasons" but you just want to watch it on TV. 

AMA Pro SX rules are written by AMA supercross, AMA Pro MX rules are written by MX sports. Both of which fall in line with FIM rules when it comes to the displacements.Both of which only effect the Pro ranks. AMA amateur rules are written by AMA congress, which is made up of AMA delegates from AMA districts who are made up of AMA clubs. No minions, just racers with a passion for the sport, most of which are volunteering their time. 

Edited by Erek Kudla
1 minute ago, Erek Kudla said:

Ahh, so it's not that the AMA is "destroying the sport" or "killing the 2 stroke for PC reasons" but you just want to watch it on TV. 

AMA supercross rules are written by AMA supercross, AMA motocross rules are written by MX sports. Both of which fall in line with FIM rules when it comes to the displacements. AMA amateur rules are written by AMA congress, which is made up of AMA delegates from AMA districts who are made up of AMA clubs. No minions, just racers with a passion for the sport, most of which are volunteering their time. 

IMO, by not allowing 2 vs 4 in PRO is in fact killing the sport, killing the 2 stroke sales for the manufacturers and dealers, making privateer PRO racing unaffordable.  Again, IMO, the AMA, FIM and whoever else is behind the scenes of the PRO racing need a good bitch slapping.  That said, you'll have your opinions and I'll have mine.  Amateur racing not included.   

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now