Got a 2005 crf250x, when I'd stab the throttle it lost power, I was told a quickshot 3 would fix it, now I have a crf250x that don't run!

im new a newbie I reckon y'all call it, lol! but I am pretty darn mechanically inclined, so I put the QS3 on my bike and it will idle with the choke on, and I could prolly make it idle with the choke off but not right,  so if someone has went through this and knows where my jets should be set, ballpark, I'd be very grateful.....thanks

Edited by Rlrocket3
Wrong make of bike typo

All the QS3 is is an adjustable leak jet,nothing else. It should not, if properly installed, affect the idle one bit. You need to revisit your install and figure out what you did wrong.

Thank you for the reply, and I do understand that, I was just wondering if someone knew where a good adjust for the leak jet would be to start with, say maybe, two turn out from the closed or a half of a turn, and if anything else needs to be adjusted since I added the QS3..

thank you very much!

Did you read the QS3 instructions? They explain all that and what each incremental turn of the screw does.

Be aware, a larger pump cavity is only a tiny part of the AP function. You have duration of the squirt, volume and timing.