Cody Webb Takes on Graham Jarvis

http://enduro21.com/index.php/extreme/2197-webb-answers-back-with-day-two-win-at-minas-riders

Claiming a debut Hard Enduro Rallye stage win, Webb is seriously shaking things up in what is his first time in a multi-day GPS styled navigation hard enduro. 

Topping the standings on day two, Webb moves within two minutes of overall race leader Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna).

Jarvis, who started day two first, had his work cut out fending off Webb. For the majority of the day the duo were wheel-to-wheel. 

Entering one of the final climbs, Jarvis had the lead but failed to make it up first time. Dropping back down to give it another crack, Webb snuck past, scaled the climb and held on to take the day win.

With Webb and Jarvis out front, it was a lonely ride for Alfredo Gomez finishing nine minutes behind Webb in third.

cody-webb-red-bull-minas-riders-MM_17051

• Like 11

Damn IT !!! :foul::rant:Not how it should have ended !! 

Graham Jarvis has claimed an unexpected victory in the 2017 Red Bull Minas Riders with the four-day event cut short to two.

In what seems to be a series of events beyond the organisers’ control, Martin Freindametz and his Xventure team were forced to bring a halt to proceedings at the end of day two.

“We’ve been talking with all the environmental authorities here for one year to define all the tracks,” told Freindametz. “We have authorisations from all parts. 

“Unfortunately, at the last moment, police asked us to make further risk analysis. We decided to cooperate with them and as a result had to bring the event to a premature end.”

As a result, Jarvis is this year’s Red Bull Minas Riders champion.

In what was building up to be a momentous battle to the finish, Hard Enduro Rallye rookie Cody Webb was proving a serious contender to Jarvis. Runner-up on day one, Webb then beat Jarvis for victory on day two and closed the gap to his rival to two minutes.

With the final overall classification standing as per day two’s results, Webb ends his participation in Red Bull Minas Riders as the runner-up.

Having won the prologue, Alfredo Gomez was unable to properly defend his Minas Riders crown when he injured his shoulder on day one. Soldiering on through day two, Gomez not completes the podium in third overall.

red-bull-minas-riders-graham-jarvis_0105

• Like 3

Is Webb on a PDS bike? I thought he was on his link bike for erzberg last year....

13 hours ago, MountAiryTrailRiders said:

Is Webb on a PDS bike? I thought he was on his link bike for erzberg last year....

Can't tell, but the type of terrain those dudes ride is a solid argument for the pds  system

Edited by DMC707
  • Like 5

Webb can/has the possibility of winning at almost any offroad dirtbike disipline that he enters. Look at him racing the ama west hare scramble this year...he entered and won it.

• Like 2

Can't tell, but the type of terrain those dudes ride is a solid argument for the pds  system

Doesn't seem to bother Jarvis, but then again what does. NOTHING!
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DMC707 said:

Ya my buddy recently bought a 250XCW after riding linkaged bikes for years got to go for a ride. We discussed PDS and honestly both of us really liked the rear suspension and we are riding a lot of tight/gnarly/technical single track where IMO having the PDS excels

So for me its really using the right tool (bike) for the job and in the right conditions PDS has its place.

As well @hawaiidirtrider posted day 1 and 2 here and man day 2 looked GNARLY :)

• Like 3

Ya my buddy recently bought a 250XCW after riding linkaged bikes for years got to go for a ride. We discussed PDS and honestly both of us really liked the rear suspension and we are riding a lot of tight/gnarly/technical single track where IMO having the PDS excels
So for me its really using the right tool (bike) for the job and in the right conditions PDS has its place.
As well [mention=153658]hawaiidirtrider[/mention] posted day 1 and 2 here and man day 2 looked GNARLY

I watched the vids in HDR post too, I had know idea Taddy was racing this year...shows how much I've been reading this year.

Ya my take on that was he was NOT racing rather helping but I wasn't looking for him the vids.

I'm stoked Cody is doing well and looking forward to the rest of this years Hard Enduros :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wes513v said:

Frigging Euros, nothing scares them more than a fast American. They saw Webb had Jarvis in his sights and pulled the plug to save him.

Just as you think you know who on this forum will post something so dumb ass you cant begin to believe they even posted it up springs another idiot !!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wes513v said:

Frigging Euros, nothing scares them more than a fast American. They saw Webb had Jarvis in his sights and pulled the plug to save him.

I'm looking forward to see how Cody does at the ISDE :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Just as you think you know who on this forum will post something so dumb ass you cant begin to believe they even posted it up springs another idiot !!!!!!

Oh, is that a personal attack from some little boy trying to swing his tiny little manhood with the big boys? Come back when you grow some hair on that smooth crotch.

• Like 3

Hmmmm I don't know... :thinking:usa.trophy_ISDE-2016_16734_1200.jpg

I don't happen to see a tall fellow...lanky bastard. Lol

:Edit: someone make a 17 ISDE thread because I never see or hear much about it. And would like too..

• Like 3

I find it really funny that Cody is running a GPS based event after he bitched about it after KOM this year. Still cool to see him doing well though. 

9 hours ago, DMC707 said:

There was an Enduro21.com article about Webb switching to PDS

6 hours ago, MountAiryTrailRiders said:

I watched the vids in HDR post too, I had know idea Taddy was racing this year...shows how much I've been reading this year. emoji1304.png

Taddy's just helping out I guess. Saw something about it in the Hard Enduro preview vid: https://www.redbull.tv/video/AP-1RKYY3FDH1W11/2017-season-preview?playlist=playlists::9428aafd-7daa-4893-89a2-b5c97bd62f05

• Like 1