Track day - heartland park topeka KS

Run by Midwest track days.

1st weekend of June.

I'm in the Springfield area. Wondering if anyone on here is going.

Planning on doing both days if I can get the bike up and running. Haven't ridden it since last spring.

Tires on order, gas drained. Lots more to check over and do.

Wont be at this day you mention but we frequent Raceway Park of the Midlands with Trackaddix if you make it that far north. 

Says 5 hours, not too bad... I'll check out some dates.

I won't be able to make HPT, but am going to try for June 18 at Hallett.

Haven't been to HPT in several years. Last time there was in the pouring rain on the Hayabusa. People were crashing right and left, I've never been so out of shape, so much, in my life. 7 sessions wrestling a 550 lb bike, in the rain, on BT-016s, I was hosed by the end of the day.. :smirk:

I have rain gear but tend to not ride in the rain anymore. Early on I did to get experience.

I try to avoid rain on the street if possible, if for no other reason than the 2 hour cleaning job on the bike afterwards.

What group do you guys ride in? back before I moved I was a pretty solid mid-upper paced intermediate group rider depending on the group that day. Tinkered in the advanced group with one track day org a couple times. good enough to hang for a bit but just not consistently fast enough.  

I'm booked for both days if anyone scrolling ends up going let me know.

On 5/22/2017 at 0:55 PM, pohlcat01 said:

What group do you guys ride in? back before I moved I was a pretty solid mid-upper paced intermediate group rider depending on the group that day. Tinkered in the advanced group with one track day org a couple times. good enough to hang for a bit but just not consistently fast enough.  

I'm usually in the intermediate group at Hallett. Sometimes start the day in Novice and move to int. after a session or two to get warmed up. 

Advanced bunch is a bit much for me. Most all there are on home built race bikes with DOT race tires or slicks, turning down in the very low 20's. No place for a stock slug with taped up lights, on street tires. :smirk:

Great track. If anyone is looking to go I highly suggest it. New pavement and a really all around fun course. over 2 miles long with a lot of turn variation and elevation changes.
Midwest Track days did a great job running the event.