Sign in to follow this  

2003 XR250R

I have  and opportunity to pick up a 2003 Honda XR 250 R… All stock no mods...seemingly has been well maintained and has low hours. Just looking for a bike to poke around with have some fun with my sons....looking for reliability and ease of maintinance...also have an opportunity for a 09 WR250F clean bike as well...all thoughts appreciated.

Edited by Ed603

I would say the XR. Easy to ride and extremely low maintenance for a very fun bike. Will run forever, low rads to get in the way. Probably cheaper to purchase as well.

• Like 1

For putting around both bikes are good.  The XR may be slightly better for putting around.  The biggest factor may be starting...WR will have electric start.  The XR has kick start.  If it is anything like the XR400R it can be a bear to start at times.

I ride an XR250R.  Super easy to start.  GREAT for putting around with the family.  Just an all around fantastic machine.

That said, when I ride with my buddies, I find myself wanting more.  Specifically, a little more power and better suspension.

So I am actually looking to "upgrade" to a WR250F or CRF250X.  

So, IMO, I would buy the WR if I were in your shoes.

• Like 1

If your kids are riding xr type bikes you will probably be better off on the xr too.  otherwise buy the wr if you are only getting one bike.  I have the xr's.  several xrs.  I would like to add the wr.   but cost and condition are the big deciders.