Malcolm taking another summer off

14 minutes ago, M1Garand said:

I'd wager Mookie will never race the Outdoors again.

"Never" I dont know about that, Im sure someone will take that bet.  Maybe a better bet would be that James will never race again. Personally I think he will show up somewhere, if for nothing else just to wrap up his racing career on the track, maybe in one final moto.

Oh and maybe more importantly to try to keep the number 7. I think he still has that number :goofy: mostly for business purposes!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TDW said:

"Never" I dont know about that, Im sure someone will take that bet.  Maybe a better bet would be that James will never race again. Personally I think he will show up somewhere, if for nothing else just to wrap up his racing career on the track, maybe in one final moto.

Oh and maybe more importantly to try to keep the number 7. I think he still has that number :goofy: mostly for business purposes!

IF JS showed up, I would think it would be the Monster race in Oct, It's a one day event and he can go back to the couch the next day.

At this point in both their careers, the motivation is money not racing. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see KTM pick him up and get him in the program with muskrat and Anderson.

Pretty sure Canard is done....or should retire.

That with the dung stepping out, mook would be a solid pick.

I mean he's got a good fan Base, he's well liked by most in the industry and he could easily be a top 5 guy with the right guidance and training.

• Like 3

I'd like to see KTM pick him up and get him in the program with muskrat and Anderson.
Pretty sure Canard is done....or should retire.
I mean he's got a good fan Base, he's well liked by most in the industry and he could easily be a top 5 guy with the right guidance and training.

Is he well liked by the industry? I feel like if he was he would have a ride. I just remember watching his podium speeches the year he won the 250 title and thinking to myself he's not making his future any easier by acting like this. All he cared about was money
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, moto9 said:

Sound good on paper, however to succeed in that program you need to be Hungry and self motivated, I can't see Mookie putting in that type of effort.

• Like 2

Sound good on paper, however to succeed in that program you need to be Hungry and self motivated, I can't see Mookie putting in that type of effort.

Put him on a performance based salary,
Even if he's a 15 through 10 guy he is still a draw fan wise....and still very marketable.
I mean who in motocross or supercross doesn't know who mookie is?
Everyone knows who mookie is.
That alone is dollars to the marketing department.
I can't see much risk or down side for KTM.....put him on a 6 race fill in.
It's pennies for the factory to throw another bike out there.

• Like 2