CR125 '01 - Rear caliper

Hello,

I am new to this forum and i am looking for an advise. I recently bought Honda CR125 2001 in pretty good condition, the only problem i got is that the rear caliper which has been replaced from different motorcycle and i can't seem to find the proper brake pads. I've been looking for used rear calipers for my Honda but they are hard to find.

My question is if it's going to be possible to fit rear caliper from '02/03/04 CR125/250 to my CR125 '01?

Post a pic of the caliper that your bike has on it now, we may be able to help ID it.

I can't identify this caliper but I believe it to be from an older European bike. Reason I think this is because it was designed to be mounted on the left side of the bike, I know this because of the location of the bleeder screw. I would look at older KTMs or Huskys with left side rear calipers to find your pads, but long term you should be looking for the correct caliper for your machine.

Looks like it's the front brake caliper to another bike since it's twin piston. Have you searched Ebay for the proper caliper?

• Like 1

Yes, i tried searching ebay but they are hard to find :/ Idk if there is an option to fit caliper from newer bike.

Assuming that your caliper carrier is the correct one for a CR , you can use a caliper from a DRZ400, DRZ400E, or DRZ400S, but not from a DRZ400SM as it uses a different caliper. The DRZ calipers are easy to find as those bikes have been in production since 2000.

• Like 1

i had the same problem with my 01 a half a year ago. bought it with a broken caliper with the tought that it would be an easy fix. i searched 2 months and finally found one on e-bay but as you say hard to find and no longer available new. they only fit 00-01

• Like 1