My 98 cr 250

So i was moving 2 fast an poured 4oz of mix on 2g of 93 an changed 4 plugs never noticin to change my gas now i have a blown head gasket is there anything else i should check while I'm waiting for my new head gasket

IMG_20170518_181446.jpg

Huh?  English please.

I poured 4oz of hp2 on 2 gallons of gas i ran thru 4 spark plugs never noticed the gas was bad til the last second now i need a head gasket

1 minute ago, Jupiter jack said:

I poured 4oz of hp2 on 2 gallons of gas i ran thru 4 spark plugs never noticed the gas was bad til the last second now i need a head gasket

OK, what symptoms make you thing you need a head gasket?  That answer could lead to what else may be wrong.

1 minute ago, Jupiter jack said:

That's 64:1 ratio. Not horrible but it does richen the air fuel ratio which likely contributed to the fouled plugs. If you ride fast, hard, and lots of wide open stretches then 32:1. If not so fast, just a few wide open blasts and you're confident that your jetting is good then somewhere between 40:1 and 50:1 will be good on a 250. 

Not sure why you need a head gasket? A 64:1 ratio has more gas in it than usual which should have led to a cooler running motor....

I have a complete top end kit laying around the shop but its for a 91 cr250 namura Gaskets an piston could i use this gasket on my 98 cr250 even tho its a Slight tab bit thicker

I have a complete top end kit laying around the shop but its for a 91 cr250 namura Gaskets an piston could i use this gasket on my 98 cr250 even tho its a Slight tab bit thicker

Just the head gasket

I don't know about the head gasket but I can tell the chain is way too tight.  Should be at least 2" of slack.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jupiter jack said:

Just the head gasket

92-01 fits. 91 don't. 

The model years 1997 - 2001 all use same TOP END components.

The model years 1992 - 2001 all use same BOTTOM END components.

Edited by brianbenson
clarification

3 hours ago, Jupiter jack said:

Wish it would have went down in the beginning of the weeks now im stuck in the house all weekend

I've been down now for 4 weeks. Going riding tomorrow. It happens. 

• Like 1

Who has a good custom graphic kit site looking to change my graphic kit 1 something like a Budweiser graphic kit or something like that something simple