CRF450X DOT TIRES

I have the 08 450x and I'm going with the tractionator desert h/t tires. BUT after riding today with my Masxis tires and not getting any traction I might pull the old slap on the dot tires and then put the Masxis back on because seriously this bike is a monster.

• Like 2

yeah i just looked those up and knobbies seem to be to close take a look at those MT-21 Pirellis and the reviews seem to be good. thanks for info

9 hours ago, rocket625 said:

I have a set of kenda and they are pretty soft. they fall apart up here.  My maxxis tires are totally shredded the rocks in colorado are like razor blades. 

Try the kenda parker DT's (K772), they are a desert version and hold up great down here in southern AZ, we have the same type of rocks. They are DOT too. 

Edited by rharr
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, rharr said:

Try the kenda parker DT's (K772), they are a desert version and hold up great down here in southern AZ, we have the same type of rocks. They are DOT too. 

those look cool. i like the motoz front better

the interesting thing with the parker dt fronts (good or bad) is they have crazy side wall grip.  They will pull themselves out of a rut very easily and if you are not used to it, it will surprise you. Running Maxxis IT front before you could shove the front into a rut and maybe it would climb out. With the parker dt, you get near a rut wall and it runs right up it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rharr said:
1 minute ago, rharr said:

the interesting thing with the parker dt fronts (good or bad) is they have crazy side wall grip.  They will pull themselves out of a rut very easily and if you are not used to it, it will surprise you. Running Maxxis IT front before you could shove the front into a rut and maybe it would climb out. With the parker dt, you get near a rut wall and it runs right up it. 

that parker back tire looks really good i will say. the front looks grippy. 

1 minute ago, rharr said:

Thanks for the info...for now went with the Michelin AC-10 and will see how much I get out of them..got the light kit installed today...gonna get a better bulb and a nice led light bar...but 1st need my inspection and take It to the DMV...hopefully there are some duel sport riders around here...if that's what it's called...lol to me just legalizing your dirt bike...

On 5/20/2017 at 2:47 PM, dannycrain1969 said:

So, for the 450X converters here in LAS what DOT tires have you bought? looking at Pirelli MT-21 but size available is 80/90 and 110/80 any thoughts?

well another question, what is your input on front and rear sprocket combos?

On 5/24/2017 at 1:08 AM, dannycrain1969 said:

Thanks for the info...for now went with the Michelin AC-10 and will see how much I get out of them..got the light kit installed today...gonna get a better bulb and a nice led light bar...but 1st need my inspection and take It to the DMV...hopefully there are some duel sport riders around here...if that's what it's called...lol to me just legalizing your dirt bike...

getting the dealer to approve the bike was a breeze...now its the DMV next!!

On 5/20/2017 at 4:51 PM, rocket625 said:

i have pirellis scorpions on my yz and they are great tires.  MT-21 is a great tire, they are very light. 

yes i see what you mean by "light" have not been off road yet. chomping at the bit to go !