Pipe choices

3 hours ago, 95jersey said:

Not the same pipe at all

Any ideas what the difference is? Im pretty happy with the power delivery of the stock pipe. Just need a bit more dent resistance. Im quite certain i dont want a gnarly, I wouldn't mind the durability of it though. 

Any ideas what the difference is? Im pretty happy with the power delivery of the stock pipe. Just need a bit more dent resistance. Im quite certain i dont want a gnarly, I wouldn't mind the durability of it though. 

Check out SRT oem replacement pipes. They are thicker steel then stock. I haven't tried them, but have heard good things. Nice price at $159.

Link: http://www.srtoffroad.com/node/112

8 hours ago, Bryce418 said:

No better dent resistance.  Get a pipe guard.

• Like 1

I know the husky branded one is thicker than stock. The description includes that. I'm also fairly sure all the f2f pipes are thicker than stock.

The set pipes look like a food option with 19 gauge steel, if they have them for a 17.

I know the husky branded one is thicker than stock. The description includes that. I'm also fairly sure all the f2f pipes are thicker than stock.

The set pipes look like a food option with 19 gauge steel, if they have them for a 17.

I'm curious if SRT has pipes for the 2017, but maybe they haven't updated their website?

Try giving them a call. If you do, let us know what they say.

I personally went with a Pro Circuit Pipe and like it, but have a RK Tek head and VR4 reeds.

And yes I have put little dimple dents in the PC Pipe already. When ever I get a big dent I will pull the PC Pipe off and put the stock Pipe back while I blow out and fix the PC Pipe.

It's pretty easy to fix dents in a pipes with rubber plugs for both ends and one with a valve stem to pressurize the pipe and a butane torch to heat it up. The dents come right out.

Just make sure that you have the rubber plugs safety wired. They can blow out at a high rate of speed.