What Vendors have OEM Honda parts IN STOCK?

I bought my first dirtbike 2 months ago and have barely ridden it because the guy sold me a lemon. I had to replace the cylinder and am now re-assembling everything.

I have gotten parts from both bikebandit.com and my local Honda dealer. In both cases it took over a week to get parts in.

I just realized I need a few small parts to finish the job - sealing washers, dowel pins, small stuff like that. I am eager to get this thing put back together and get to actually ride it. I'm looking for suggestions for vendors that are likely to have these parts on the shelf for immediate shipment and they don't have to wait around "for the Honda parts shipment to come in before we can send it to you."

Very few dealers stock parts due to rapid order/receiving times. A local dealer probably places order twice a week and gets parts twice a week. You order on line, they may order more often but then they have to ship the parts, so it can often take longer than from a dealer. But you are saving money. So do you want parts fast or cheap? Can't get both.

I live in Sacramento and Stockton Honda/ Yamaha is is the ONLY dealer to have even a base gasket in stock.
Tracy CA. Has a dealer that sells almost every Brand there is and THEY STOCK NOTHING!

My local WA dealer has almost no parts in stock, same for other dealers in the area. The  local dealer in Mesa AZ has many more parts in stock and if their other 2 stores have the part they can have it in the afternoon.  So it varies.

My policy for parts is to call the local dealer, then the next closest, then order online. Saves a lot of road trips. Driving beyond the closest two dealers is more expensive than ordering online.  They always sound so disappointed when I demur on ordering thru them.

The closest local dealer has been in business since the early seventies and has never been competitive on new bike prices so I've never purchased a bike from them, and I have no loyalty for parts.

Edited by Chuck.

rockymountainatv.com has a distribution warehouse in Winchester, Ky.  I've gotten parts from them THE NEXT DAY.  You might also being in NY.  Very few times have they not had everything I needed in stock.

Not to bad mouth local dealerships but they usually charge over list price for most OE stuff I've ordered from them and most had to be ordered.  So, drive to my Honda dealer, order parts and pay for parts, drive back when they come in a week or so later and pay more for the inconvenience.  Uhhhh, no thank you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZV Moto said:

I bought my first dirtbike 2 months ago and have barely ridden it because the guy sold me a lemon. I had to replace the cylinder and am now re-assembling everything.

What was wrong with it?

• Like 1

I have ordered many motorcycle and car parts by searching the manufacturer p/n on Amazon or EBay. Parts come in sealed bags with P/n with manufacturers sticker. Best price and shipping, just be sure to read it is not a aftermarket part that replaces the p/n

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VortecCPI said:

What was wrong with it?

Figured out that someone had done a top-end job in the past, and apparently lost one of the dowel pins used to align the cylinder to the crankcase and to the head. So they just skipped the dowel pin, causing it to go out of alignment and it warped the cylinder and piston.

So it was burning a ton of oil and showing bad compression.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. They usually have everything in stock, prices are below suggested retail, drlivered to your door in two days (usually free shipping), not sales tax (in my case.)

Excellent customer service. A no brainer for me.

• Like 1

discounthondaparts often has everything I order in stock or available in a day or two from their east-coast Honda warehouse.  Shipping to me in CO usually takes a week.  Excellent prices, too.  Check out their web site.  http://discounthondaparts.com/

They're located in NY, on Long Island  (aka Lonk Island), so you may want to drive out and pick up your parts:

discounthondaparts
1407 Pulaski Street
Riverhead, NY 11901
800-955-2925
800-669-2275

Map and hours:

http://discounthondaparts.com/Dealer-Info/Directions

:thumbsup:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ordered from Rocky Mountain for the first time. I really liked their web site - they had the stuff in stock that they claimed was in stock, and they shipped the order the same day even though I ordered pretty late in the day. I'm expecting the parts tomorrow. I'm very happy with them so far.

• Like 3