Reed intake flange crack

I noticed recently that my reed intake flange has some minor weathering cracks in the rubber. Could it be possible that I have a slight air leak? How can I tell? Propane test..? Thank you for your help. IMG_20170520_191520.jpgIMG_20170520_191509.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, frozenpepper70 said:

Could it be possible that I have a slight air leak? How can I tell? Propane test..? Thank you for your help.

Lean running will mean the bike might detonate under full-throttle when pulling from low to mid-revs.

Also, as the revs come down, the idle might hunt ... like high-low-high-low or just be higher than before.  

• Like 2

Use yamabond for center cases it will work good till you get new one

4 hours ago, Swappa said:

Lean running will mean the bike might detonate under full-throttle when pulling from low to mid-revs.

Also, as the revs come down, the idle might hunt ... like high-low-high-low or just be higher than before.  

Geez... I have had trouble under full throttle... Being new, I have not been able to diagnose it. The bike will scream up top but have almost no pull. 

Detonation? I'll stay off the bike for now until I can replace that flange. 

2 minutes ago, frozenpepper70 said:

Geez... I have had trouble under full throttle... Being new, I have not been able to diagnose it. The bike will scream up top but have almost no pull. 

Detonation? I'll stay off the bike for now until I can replace that flange. 

I have a good used one for a 250SX/xc/xcw. Send me a private message if you're interested and I can let you know what it will cost to ship.

common KTM problem. Cracks rarely make it all the way through. 

Yes, they rarely do. I removed my flange and saw nothing. I will likely still touch the rubber up with Yamabond or silicone to prevent them from worsening.
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2017 at 11:37 PM, theBIGnaud said:

common KTM problem. Cracks rarely make it all the way through. 

This. I recently spotted a crack on my 2007 250 XC. I hit it with some WD-40 while running to test, not all the way through, but I have another one on the way.