I asked a question similar to this a few days ago but I ended up finding a good deal on a drz400 but it cut into my gear budget to get it. Basically I need a jacket and pants that can get me to work and back, either something I can slip over my clothes or wear to work. My climate/conditions will be 50-90f, I will try to avoid torrential downpours, and anywhere from 25-80mph. I would like to keep it in the 200-300 dollar range at msrp. I have been trying to solve this for awhile now but I lack any experience to help decide so I am posting this. Thanks for anything that will help make this headache go away!

My buddy went with the bilt gear package from cycle gear. they sell for like 399 came with a helmet jacket pants and gloves. Pretty good deal but the helmets suck frankly.
I went with tourmaster jacket and pants and eventually upgraded my pants to the Klim pants. The tourmaster stuff is really pretty decent. Water proof and good venting too. The jacket was only 159 and it'll do for a couple more years till I can upgrade to a Klim jacket.