June 11 2017 hard tock endure

I just got my flying schedule and I will be home June 11.  I am considering doing the Hard Rock endure on that day.  Anyone have some input this event?  I have never done one so first want to know if this is a good event to do as a first enduro?  Second, any advice on how to prepare, what to bring, how long the vent is, pretty much any and all advice/guidance will be appreciated.  Sort of last minuet thing as I did not think I would be in town for this.

Thanks in a advance for taking the time to help me out!!

its a good event, it is one of the tougher events on the schedule.  Now saying that it just means, hot, rocky - more square edge stuff, lots of turns...so it is a slower race I woudnt expect a lot of higher speed stuff.  Laps are between 7-9 miles, C class does 4, B class does 5 and A's do 6 I think. Parking is super tight so dont bring big trailers if you dont have to. Race starts with 4 out each minute then after that you run your laps when you feel fit. Bring lots of water, food etc. Prepare for hot, if it isnt then thats ok also. Its a good race, it is challenging but a good measure also. every enduro race has different challenges so if this is your first, focus on finishing and youll be fine.

Here is a B rider 

Here is the Flyer https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51c351f0e4b0c89ff2b61cb8/t/58fd7c0ab8a79b0b91d4b0c2/1493007372983/Hard+Rock+Flyer+2017.pdf

Here is the sign up http://www.moto-tally.com/RMEC/PreEntry.aspx

On 5/20/2017 at 8:25 PM, DoJetpilot said:

I have never done one so first want to know if this is a good event to do as a first enduro?  

What level of rider are you?  Spend a lot of time on gnarly singletrack?  Do you ride much technical stuff?  Have you raced dirt bikes in any capacity?

How challenging it might be would probably be gauged by your answers.  And as obg said (more or less)... just finishing would be a worthy goal.

And this may be closer to what it would be like... with more swearing and crashing though... Jeff is a pretty decent rider in my book  :lol:

Thanks for the response.  Here are my answers:

I would say I am maybe an intermediate rider at best. I ride exclusively trails such as Rampart, 717, and rainbow falls.  I do not like nor do I ride the track.  Yes I do ride technical stuff, but since I have been back on the bike after 14 years off, I am limited to what my son can ride safely and still have fun.  He is rapidley getting better on the bike so we continue to tackle harder stuff.  I have never raced a motorcycle in any capacity but did a lot of mountain bike racing when I was younger.

I have watched Jeff's videos several times but find it hard to gauge how hard the terrain really is form the videos perspective.

It looks like a blast but like I said, I have never done one so am looking for advice and tips for my first one.  I wanted to have my son do it with me but he broke his wrist last week so he is off the bike for a while. 

Russ. 

48 minutes ago, obgod3 said:

its a good event, it is one of the tougher events on the schedule.  Now saying that it just means, hot, rocky - more square edge stuff, lots of turns...so it is a slower race I woudnt expect a lot of higher speed stuff.  Laps are between 7-9 miles, C class does 4, B class does 5 and A's do 6 I think. Parking is super tight so dont bring big trailers if you dont have to. Race starts with 4 out each minute then after that you run your laps when you feel fit. Bring lots of water, food etc. Prepare for hot, if it isnt then thats ok also. Its a good race, it is challenging but a good measure also. every enduro race has different challenges so if this is your first, focus on finishing and youll be fine.

Here is a B rider 

Here is the Flyer https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51c351f0e4b0c89ff2b61cb8/t/58fd7c0ab8a79b0b91d4b0c2/1493007372983/Hard+Rock+Flyer+2017.pdf

Here is the sign up http://www.moto-tally.com/RMEC/PreEntry.aspx

Thanks for the response.  I have watched that video and others several time.  Would you suggest this for a first enduro race.?

Russell

Also, If I were to do the race and it being my first what class should I do, over 45 C (I am 48) or sportsman C?  What is sportsman class.  I looked at the rule book but could not find that.  May have missed it.

34 minutes ago, DoJetpilot said:

Also, If I were to do the race and it being my first what class should I do, over 45 C (I am 48) or sportsman C?  What is sportsman class.  I looked at the rule book but could not find that.  May have missed it.

Not really sure how to fairly answer that. Any enduro has challenges, some very different than others.  Some enduros are easier than others also. If your new to this I would choose C Class for sure, and do whatever age group you fit in. I dont know the difference with the sportsman class.  However if you go on facebook and look up RMEC you can post that question there and others and they will respond fairly quickly. All the races are fun in different ways. 

is the track open to the public when the race is not going on? I want to race it next year when I'm all healthy to ride

20 hours ago, TE300 said:

is the track open to the public when the race is not going on? I want to race it next year when I'm all healthy to ride

No, matter of fact it isnt a track, it is pure single track trail and on private land. It is only ridable during the race itself.

• Like 1

ok cool. You said it is not a track and then you said it is a track.....I think I understand what you meant....so it is a track, just happens to be one tyre wide...how do you overtake slower riders in front of you? are there special passing sections that are wider than single track?