Just got back from my second day of jetting my EG 144.

Started with stock needle in middle, 37.5 pilot (40 stock) and 420 main (400 stock) = ran like crap and unrideable.

So far I've ended up at 40 pilot, 460 main needle in the middle = pulls like a damn freight train and that's with the 1 tooth large counter sprocket.

I got rid of any bogging in the needle which was the big struggle to jet out (the pilot and main were really affecting it) but there is still more work to be done with the pilot and needle relationship. To be honest judging by the plug colour after some WOT runs the bike could easily run a 470-480 main which surprises me, hell even the 460 surprised me but there was a slight bog at around 75% throttle so I went richer from a 450 to a 460 and man it pulled so much harder. Starting at 420 I'm very lucky I didnt melt my piston.

Anyone else with a EG 144 experience having to go that rich on the jetting?

don't forget that for the transition from closed throttle to 1/4 open you need to "adjust" the slide cutaway. by "adjust" I mean modify it. you can drill holes just above it for leaner running or add to its skirt with JBweld after roughing up the surface with course sandpaper