Just bought a 500 and F1 light won't turn off

So I just bought a 500 today. Started it up at the dealer and the F1 light was on. Didn't think anything of it and didn't know better. Got home read the manual and found out that if the F1 light is on to take it to a dealer. Any way, the dealer is a bit of a drive for me, so I'm curious if anyone has any tips to check and correct the issue before I make the hour plus drive back to the dealer less than 24hrs into owning this thing 

thanks !

That's FI (Fuel Injection) warning light.

Take it back to dealer to do a fault reding with the diagnostic tool.

I had my FI light come on for a faulty connection between the low fuel sensor and main wiring harness. It could also be a loose connection on the fuel pump itself, inside the tank. Either way, dealer is the answer. 

Check all your connectors before you drive back. Good chance one is just not plugged in.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, basalt said:

Check all your connectors before you drive back. Good chance one is just not plugged in.

Got any suggestions on where to start?

Since every Beta owner should check all the connectors, starting at the front is a good place. Follow the wires from the throttle body checking all connectors would be my first step.

If it is a MY17 model. Plug in a generic OBD2 scan tool & see what the fault code is.
Other wise take it back to the Dealer as it will be a needle in a haystack

1 hour ago, Still-learning said:

If it is a MY17 model. Plug in a generic OBD2 scan tool & see what the fault code is.
Other wise take it back to the Dealer as it will be a needle in a haystack

Where is the plug located at?

Left side panel, zip tied to the subframe down support. You will find a plugged 6 pin plug. You should have been given an OBD adapter if it is a MY17 model.

42 minutes ago, Still-learning said:

Left side panel, zip tied to the subframe down support. You will find a plugged 6 pin plug. You should have been given an OBD adapter if it is a MY17 model.

Assuming MY is model year?  I didn't get an OBD adapter 

MY = Model Year.
You can always make one with components from an electronics shop. To know if it will work.
Check your VIN. If the 10th digit is 'H' it will work. H means it is 2017 model year & therefore it runs a can bus ECU & will communicate with a generic OBD2 scan tool.

20 hours ago, Still-learning said:

So you did not get one of these?
IMG_0201.JPG

Hmm, I need to check. I don't recall getting one of those but would sure like to have one. I have a 2017 (yes H in the 10th place) and have a ODBII scanner.

Thanks for pointing this out. It would be good to find a part number we don't have one. I looked in the owner's manual and it does call it out as part of the tool kit.

Components in tool kit.JPG

2 hours ago, Still-learning said:

I would make a call to where you purchased the bike & get them to post it out to you

Per an email from Tim Pilg @ Beta they only come with the euro bikes not for US bikes

• Like 1

Had a feeling that might be the case. I know some US states are a bit funny on this type of thing even though without the beta interface you can only read live data & check/erase fault codes.
If you like I can do up instructions on how to make one, making them would not be difficult at all.

• Like 2